Premium Photographer at $15 or $20 an hour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok guys, lets get it straight...

1. You cannot control his pricing, if there offers there will be takers.

2. 1000D is not very different from 400D. There has obviously been very good photographs from a 400D.

3. There is no way to determine how passionate he is by looking at his photographs. Low-skilled or inexperience NOT EQUALS not passionate.

4. If you are a professional photographer there is simply no reason to feel threatened. If you have a solid portfolio, you will have clients who are out for quality. (Those doing wedding photographer know this very well.)

if let say if your competitior can go as low as 10SGD per shoot and have nice babes... will you feel the threat??

if let say if your competitior can go as low as 10SGD per shoot and have nice babes... will you feel the threat??

Well no, because an organiser is definately not going to find sufficient models who will do a shoot at that type of budget rate.

$60 bucks for a 3 hour wedding dinner is dirt cheap. Is this some great singapore sales promo...

Btw, he has an image of changi airport in his portfolio. If he did not have permission he may be in trouble right?

HAHA. This is what we call Competitions. With competitions, we as the consumer will have a better & value for money quality photographers. Chill ppl. Its the real world. ;)

Much Said & Thks for the support of like minded professionals observing how our industry can head south if any amateur buying a camera claims professionalism because he owns one.

Think i can breath better now knowing some 'old birds' will stand out to protect our industry.

That said, i think we shld simmer down as point is made... Thks again ... :thumbsup:

HAHA. This is what we call Competitions. With competitions, we as the consumer will have a better & value for money quality photographers. Chill ppl. Its the real world. ;)

Seriously...you are joking rite?

Regards

Much Said & Thks for the support of like minded professionals observing how our industry can head south if any amateur buying a camera claims professionalism because he owns one.

Think i can breath better now knowing some 'old birds' will stand out to protect our industry.

That said, i think we shld simmer down as point is made... Thks again ... :thumbsup:

I think we need to have an organisation or a body to control or regulate the industry here if not it will be out of control and all professional photographers will be out of business soon.........

I think we need to have an organisation or a body to control or regulate the industry here if not it will be out of control and all professional photographers will be out of business soon.........

LOL FIA ,FIFA,UN,World Bank of photography lol

Indeed there are such associations in Singapore ...

* Professional Photographers Association of Singapore (PPAS)

* Wedding Photographer Association of Singapore (WPAS)

* Singapore Photographic Trade Association (SPTA)

Both setups will gradually help the photography market move forth.

I dun think you can regulate min charges for such service, that will be price fixing... and illegal.

You can only condemn them, like what you're doing now.

Seriously why get so worked up, over a poly kid earning some pocket money?

What he needs is someone to guide him on the right path. While the rates are unrealistic and actually harming him in the long-term, sometimes positive action might actually be better.

I dun think you can regulate min charges for such service, that will be price fixing... and illegal.

You can only condemn them, like what you're doing now.

Seriously why get so worked up, over a poly kid earning some pocket money?

He is killing our industy and by than we (professional photographer) main dough is from clients who is paying dollars and cents to us for our livehood if he want to earn pocket money, he can choose to go mcdonalds and work which he can learn things that he have not learn before.......

He is killing our industy and by than we (professional photographer) main dough is from clients who is paying dollars and cents to us for our livehood if he want to earn pocket money, he can choose to go mcdonalds and work which he can learn things that he have not learn before.......

Honestly, like many have mentioned before, people who seek such low rates, are not clients you would want to retain. :)

With his rate, I'm sure he will give up or raise his price very soon if he do have many customers.

And adding to LazerLordz's comments, customers who will seek such low rates probably will not be willing to pay and engage real professionals like you in the first place. So it's a different market.

Ah all seasoned professional photographers should not feel threatend by such trivialities.
Maybe he[s trying to break ground into professional photogaphy but with his portfolio there
will be few takers no matter how cheap so relax :)

It's a little sad to see people taking really short shortcuts. It will lead him to nowhere unless he stops and think for a while. His portfolio are just shots anyone armed with a DSLR can take and he's into earning money from it already? :dunno:

To be fair to Hong Ray, he is just like to rest of us, trying to earn some bucks out of photography. Some to feed family, some to buy equipment to pursure passion.

There's no right or wrong to what one charges, if your client like your work, they will pay whatever you charge, if they don't, they won't even waste time out with you even if it's free. So I don't think he is stepping on anyone's foot nor is he spoiling market.

It's obvious he can hardly call what he charges as 'earnings' , I might be wrong but I think he just wants to gain some experience and chances to shoot while at the same time, give him some 'allowances' since he is still schooling.

Bottomline, he's a decent chap using a decent means to make a little money, that's all.

We should show some encouragement so he will grow with his passion.

These are objective and encouraging words... Perhaps more could view the situation in a way you did. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.