Preferred Camera Shopping Place??

Status
Not open for further replies.

engr

Nov 9, 2004
Central
Hi folks, want to check out a camera shop. So where is yr favourite photo shop?? Alan Photo at SLS seems like a reasonable place to visit. Anywhere else? Cathey photo??

I shop at a few places and who ever gives me the most reasonable price and service I buy from them. Shops that I visit 1) TK Foto, 2) Lords, 3) Alan Photo 4) Cathay Photo

engr said:
Hi folks, want to check out a camera shop. So where is yr favourite photo shop?? Alan Photo at SLS seems like a reasonable place to visit. Anywhere else? Cathey photo??

Dennis said:
I shop at a few places and who ever gives me the most reasonable price and service I buy from them. Shops that I visit 1) TK Foto, 2) Lords, 3) Alan Photo 4) Cathay Photo

Yea AP and CP were my choices when i bought my things.

AP for the competitively priced items and CP for their large range of camera bags. :thumbsup:

My items I bought from these places.

D70 Kit - AP
12-24mm 4 DX - AP
Hoya Filters - AP
Lexar 1GB 80X CF - AP

Lowepro StealthReporter 200AW - CP
Lowepro Backpack Harness - CP
50mm 1.8 - CP
Hoya Filter - CP

:blah:

i bought from song bros... pretty good service... and price was better than AP... :think:

Song Bros? Urm.. *cough cough... ahem*

Anyway, I pretty much like the service at the new AP store at Funan. My money normally goes to CP, TK Foto and Lords :cry: :cry:

espn said:

Anyway, I pretty much like the service at the new AP store at Funan. My money normally goes to CP, TK Foto and Lords :cry: :cry:

*double cough cough....* second that.

espn said:

i too was wary of them..... there was a report about their overpricing in the old computer times rite?? someone told me....

anyway, i went to AP and asked 3 different sales person and was given 3 different quotes for Sony DSC-W1 (read on the web someone managed to bargain the price to $565 at penisula plaza)....

so went to AP after so many recommendations here at this forum....
first one quoted me $600,
2nd one quoted me $625 and
3rd person quoted me $580 all with GST....

anyway, wasn't too interested after hearing their prices.... so walked out and wandered around in Sim Lim and just popped in to Song Bros to ask.
the sales guy quoted me $561.75 with GST ....
ended up paying $560 eventually.....

both place have same standard package......
but a lot of people seems wary of them too..... dun know why....
maybe i was lucky... anyway, wouldn't mind checking their prices when i buying nikon 8800 or D70 in a week's time.... or maybe buy at sitex....

surprisingly, when i went to ask the same salesman about their D70 or 8800, he told me to buy at sitex cause nikon freebies package is just too good to match... told me the deal, with freebies, is better at sitex than at their shop...... so was pretty happy with the sales guy's honesty here...

(ps: i am not related to song bros in anyway.... just telling my side of the story.....)

i have no preferance, juz that any (MS, CP, John, Lords, TCW) one of them quote me a price that i cant resist, they'll get a deal.

erictan8888, you decided to buy 8800 or D70? do post the price of the quotes you've got from the shops. I'm sure many will be interested.

Regarding song bros.. well.. I think the shop is quite ok generally. It's just some of the staff aren't really nice that spoil their name. I've ever bought a CD player from them quite some time back and the salesman was quite good. But at the same time, I witnessed not too pleasing situation at the same shop but with a different salesman.

Guess the name of the shop really depends on the salesman.

wanted to get a lens pen for my friend the other day..was at funan so decided to pop in Song Brothers to see if they have it..but in the end..asked two sales person both of them don't know what is a lens pen.... :embrass:

oh anyway....i like mscolor :D you can check out their site for the location..

www.mscolor.com.sg ;)

hihi, not related to song bros too but in anycase, shopping ard for fz20, and till now, the song bros shop at funan quoted me the best price....heee.....so maybe not so bad after all.... :D

Did you but it ??. maybe when you are ready to part with your cash the model change. :bsmilie: But seriously sometimes you can get good price even from shops that nobody wants to go when you casually shop around. It happens to me a few times, especially when you are like asking to check prices. They too have been taken aback when I said OK without hesitation. The usual thing is this is cash price or it exclude GST even though I normally ask "What is your nett nett including GST" !!. They expect you to back out. At times they will sell it to you but remember not to buy any accessories when you are not sure and that the box comes with everything included.
Happy shopping.

adum said:
hihi, not related to song bros too but in anycase, shopping ard for fz20, and till now, the song bros shop at funan quoted me the best price....heee.....so maybe not so bad after all.... :D

didnt buy it.. was just walking ard when decided on spur of moment to go in and check it out.. :D ..but will definitely keep ur words in mind when purchasing one. thks

the box might come with everything but they might not be new or are display set.

Dennis said:
Did you but it ??. maybe when you are ready to part with your cash the model change. :bsmilie: But seriously sometimes you can get good price even from shops that nobody wants to go when you casually shop around. It happens to me a few times, especially when you are like asking to check prices. They too have been taken aback when I said OK without hesitation. The usual thing is this is cash price or it exclude GST even though I normally ask "What is your nett nett including GST" !!. They expect you to back out. At times they will sell it to you but remember not to buy any accessories when you are not sure and that the box comes with everything included.
Happy shopping.

Status
Not open for further replies.