Pre-sweet 16th Photoshoot

thesummit

Feb 29, 2012
Hi guys, I need some suggestion about which place in Singapore that reflects some cultural background (I need some places that really shown that it was from the original country) and if possible explain the techniques about pre-sweet photo-shoot. Because recently my friends asks me to take pre-sweet 16th photo for her and her theme is "around the world". If there's any other suggestion about how the shoot could be done, please just gimme your opinion.
Thank you very much, all of your responses will be greatly appreciated.;)

Best Regards,

Ben

Try Lego land

Try the flower dome at garden by the bay... The flowers are grouped by different region/continent...

And USS

The Landscape / Cityscape section has a sticky posting with typical landmarks. The cultural background of SG is very diverse, you need to define further what you need. If it's about today's Singapore so that everybody can recognize it immediately then stay around Marina Bay area / SG Flyer etc.
With regards to how to conduct the shooting ... have a look into Photo Biz and what is recommended to people who think they can shoot a wedding just because they have a DSLR. A quick Google search showed loads of Youtube videos and FB pages. Just copy, at this age the girls are more interested in looking sweet than having something of high quality or unique style.

Hi guys, I need some suggestion about which place in Singapore that reflects some cultural background (I need some places that really shown that it was from the original country) and if possible explain the techniques about pre-sweet photo-shoot. Because recently my friends asks me to take pre-sweet 16th photo for her and her theme is "around the world". If there's any other suggestion about how the shoot could be done, please just gimme your opinion.
Thank you very much, all of your responses will be greatly appreciated.;)

Best Regards,

Ben

want Chinese cultural background go to Chinese Garden, or Chinatown

Japanese cultural background go to Japanese Garden,

India cultural background go to Little India

Thailand cultural background go to Golden Mile

Ang Moh background to Tanling Road or Holland Road

Singapore heartland cultural background just go to any HDB town centers

or you can just simple shoot in places of churches, temples with different religious as background (please note photography is not allowed inside their compound for some churches, temples)

The Landscape / Cityscape section has a sticky posting with typical landmarks. The cultural background of SG is very diverse, you need to define further what you need. If it's about today's Singapore so that everybody can recognize it immediately then stay around Marina Bay area / SG Flyer etc.
With regards to how to conduct the shooting ... have a look into Photo Biz and what is recommended to people who think they can shoot a wedding just because they have a DSLR. A quick Google search showed loads of Youtube videos and FB pages. Just copy, at this age the girls are more interested in looking sweet than having something of high quality or unique style.

err.... photo biz is for discussion on how to run a business,
technical questions on how to shoot XXXXX and YYYY has noting to do with business operation.

err.... photo biz is for discussion on how to run a business,
technical questions on how to shoot XXXXX and YYYY has noting to do with business operation.
You are right.. but that was not my point. I rather refer to the idea / attitude to conduct a hired (and maybe paid) shooting with low level of experience. TS postings gives this impression to me and this topic has been extensively discussed, in Photo Biz as well as in the General forum.

Merlion. Basically I don't find any Merlion status anywhere overseas...

use the huge Departures flashboard at Changi Airport Terminal 1 , 2 or 3 as a backdrop ? seriously .... 1 good shot is enough to capture the essence of 'around the world' theme

how to do a pre-sweet 16 shoot ? then she would be 15 yo only and not 16
its like me shooting my 50th year on earth when I'm only still 49

Last edited:
Merlion. Basically I don't find any Merlion status anywhere overseas...

There is one Merlion Statue at an upmarket housing estate in Surabaya, and that estate bears the Singapore name too. It does symbolize Singapore though.

Actually can try Pulau Ubin or Kampung Buangkok if TS is interested to take some pics that depict rural life. It's natural and not man made like many of the other landmarks.

Wow which school? De Anza?
No lah, further down south in the same state. Though we do stop by quite frequently for some drinks while driving up towards San Francisco during weekends etc. etc. :bsmilie:

Anyway I was there just for a sponsored course lasting several months, not some atas postgraduate programme. :bsmilie: