Pre-owned Camera shops at Peninsula

Status
Not open for further replies.

third3rdwheel

Jan 10, 2009
Tin Hill
I was wondering around the place on Saturday, quite a few pre-owned shops there. Anyone has experiences to share, buying from the area? Thanks.

You mean which Peninsula?

the one with CP or TCW?

Well, it depends on what lenses or equipment you are looking at. However do note that most of the shops carry the items quite expensive for second-hand. I wouldn't buy anything that isn't a top of the line equipment due to decreasing monetary value.

so which building is this? is it peninsula plaza or peninsula shopping centre? :dunno:

dude.

the one WITH CP is Peninsula Plaza.

so by the process of elimination (which is not too hard i think in this case) this should have limited the choice to 1. Peninsula Shopping Centre.

dude.

the one WITH CP is Peninsula Plaza.

so by the process of elimination (which is not too hard i think in this case) this should have limited the choice to 1. Peninsula Shopping Centre.

ok, thnks for guidance. i am not too familiar with these two buildings. anyway, went to Peninsula SC just now. saw two shops selling used equipment. but looking at the price tags and labels, i do not have the feeling that they sell cheaper than CS B&S.

also went over to Peninsula Plaza. could not find cathay photo. i went to the first floor though.

last stop, i dropped by adelphi and went in to browse at P & G. this shop seemed better stocked with used equipment. and accessories appeared to be cheaper than B & S,although i could not be 100% sure.

yeap, today was my walkabout cum recce on camera shops. :angel:

Well, it depends on what lenses or equipment you are looking at. However do note that most of the shops carry the items quite expensive for second-hand. I wouldn't buy anything that isn't a top of the line equipment due to decreasing monetary value.

last nite i just read a thread in CS mentioning that 2nd hand shop sells things cheaper than CS buy n sell thread... now i read 2nd hand shops sells things more ex.... but my personal experience is that buyer shld decide what is the right price to buy, then buying it any where shldnt matter any more... :)

also went over to Peninsula Plaza. could not find cathay photo. i went to the first floor though.

you are so adorably cute. you cannot find CP???!?!?!! its like one of the biggest shops on level 1 of Peninsula Plaza.

Try going to the BACK of the place, instead of the main lobby area. there is another small alley there, and if you can still miss CP along that alley, i think you might wanna consider getting specs instead of cameras...

Whether buying 2nd hand stuff from the B&S section or from shops in Peninsular all require the buyer to do his/her homework. I've seen some people selling stuff in the B&S section at crazily high prices... and at the same time, I've found some fantastic bargains at 2nd hand shops in Peninsular... and vice versa.

Generally, this is what I find about some of the 2nd hand shops in Peninsular...

TCW - slightly higher than market rate, so do a bit of bargaining...
BenPhoto, CamX, P&G - pretty close to market rate...

i collected a lens on CamX before for my brother.. pretty nice guy there..

Whether buying 2nd hand stuff from the B&S section or from shops in Peninsular all require the buyer to do his/her homework. I've seen some people selling stuff in the B&S section at crazily high prices... and at the same time, I've found some fantastic bargains at 2nd hand shops in Peninsular... and vice versa.

Generally, this is what I find about some of the 2nd hand shops in Peninsular...

TCW - slightly higher than market rate, so do a bit of bargaining...
BenPhoto, CamX, P&G - pretty close to market rate...
whatever you guys do,

don't patronise The Camera Workshop.

I don't care how much the CS-ers here worship that place for rental of stuff and whatnots, but it's a straight NO from me when buying 2nd hand from them.

I was ready with cash to buy the 30d ( whilst searching for the best price in the centre ).

When asking for price of 30d body from TCW uncle, guess what he told me ?

" you really wana buy anot?? "

" you got money anot?? "

" if u really wana buy then i take out let you see "

i am seriously pissed with this kind of attitude. wanna make money but look down on people? piece of crap. i swear i won't step into that store ever again.

Welcome to S'pore .. hehehe

same as the shop on the left of AP in SLS (left when u standing outside facing AP) ...

me "This JVC camcorder is which model?"

shop "what model u look for la?" (face damn angry)

me "i duuno thats why i ask.. but this model looks like it... but if i hear model number then i can probably recall.. "

shop "so what model u looking for then i tell u if this is the one or not"

#$@#%#$^%$

they really shld learn from HK... if u guys been there affter ard 1999 u can tell how they changed... even PM Lee that day got say

you are so adorably cute. you cannot find CP???!?!?!! its like one of the biggest shops on level 1 of Peninsula Plaza.

Try going to the BACK of the place, instead of the main lobby area. there is another small alley there, and if you can still miss CP along that alley, i think you might wanna consider getting specs instead of cameras...

lol, yeah he probably didnt walk to the back. and there are two CP shops facing each other somemore.

well to TS about the question regarding the other camera shops at either peninsular buildings, you can try your luck by approaching them. but my take is since you're already around that area, why don't you try CP, AP or John 3:16? definitely makes you feel more assured about your purchase.

ha ha! i am already wearing specs. i think i should get wear a pair of binoculars! :bsmilie::angel:

Welcome to S'pore .. hehehe

same as the shop on the left of AP in SLS (left when u standing outside facing AP) ...

me "This JVC camcorder is which model?"

shop "what model u look for la?" (face damn angry)

me "i duuno thats why i ask.. but this model looks like it... but if i hear model number then i can probably recall.. "

shop "so what model u looking for then i tell u if this is the one or not"

#$@#%#$^%$

they really shld learn from HK... if u guys been there affter ard 1999 u can tell how they changed... even PM Lee that day got say

lol. sinkaporeans' service really cmi. extreme rudeness. at least i didn't expect the camera workshop to be like that.. since there were some recommendations here and there for the shop. in the end that uncle who sat at the entrance ruined my day. :thumbsd:

lol. sinkaporeans' service really cmi. extreme rudeness. at least i didn't expect the camera workshop to be like that.. since there were some recommendations here and there for the shop. in the end that uncle who sat at the entrance ruined my day. :thumbsd:

maybe that day, the uncle got a tough day. so he took it out on you! ha ha... :angel:

didn't look like it leh. he was sitting down there and slacking before i came in. i was considerate enough to talk to him in mandarin ( he looks like and should be chinese ) and yet he shot me back in english.. rubbish man.

maybe it was because i wear damn cheapskate ( tee and jeans then holding a can of soft drink, lol! ).. that's why it led him to saying all those sh1t..

didn't look like it leh. he was sitting down there and slacking before i came in. i was considerate enough to talk to him in mandarin ( he looks like and should be chinese ) and yet he shot me back in english.. rubbish man.

maybe it was because i wear damn cheapskate ( tee and jeans then holding a can of soft drink, lol! ).. that's why it led him to saying all those sh1t..

do this experiment then, find one day that you are very free. wear suit there, speak in queen's english, and see his reaction. if he still answers in curt and abrasive manner, then we can confirm that he deliberately wants to close the shop! ha ha ha.... :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.