Pre-order of K10D

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcsum

Dec 25, 2003
East
Visit site
Are there any shops here taking pre-order of K10D? Finally, after waiting for almost 3 years, I have decided that this is the chosen one.

Not that I have heard of. Pentax is not that popular in Singapore though. I'm still waiting for reviews on K10D

you should consider Samsung's gx-10. It's the same camera with different brand. I wonder which one (k10 or GX10) is cheaper.

you should consider Samsung's gx-10. It's the same camera with different brand. I wonder which one (k10 or GX10) is cheaper.

Looks to me that the Pentax is actually using the Samsung imaging sensor ......... :thumbsup:

Hope it's better than the Sony one ........... ;p

i thought the sensor was the same as in the sony alpha?

I got news that the K10D will only hit Singapore shores on November 15th. Take my word for a grain of salt though, it's still an insider news piece.

asia.cnet.com talks about gx10. Read in some forums that its coming in oct.

I am actually a Minolta fan. I like small camera manufacturers with innovative design (For example, the AS from the Minolta). However, since Sony took over Minolta, Minolta is effectively gone. That kind of feeling, a sense of belonging to a unique brand can never be brough back.

The same is here for Pentax. Even if the Samsung GX10 is cheaper than Pentax, I will still go for Pentax. Further more, Both camera may be similar but I do not think they are identical. Yes, I know my explanation is a little bit weird.

Anyway, thanks for listening.

Further more, Both camera may be similar but I do not think they are identical. Yes, I know my explanation is a little bit weird.

Kind of correct. due to their differences in processing their colours and such. similar to what panasonic and leica have in common for their L1 DSLR.

awaiting anxiously for K10D's photo review! looking forward to see what their "22bit analogue to digital processing: can do. :thumbsup:

Will they be different? Their lense and dslr seems very very similar to me. Just minor tweaks in the buttons.

The thing is, already existing Pentax users will hardly go for samsung. Only new users of D SLR may consider samsung. Plus, samsung may ask higher price for the same model.

So, for people do not know much Pentax, Samsung is also an alternative to N, C.

Further, for Koreans and some Chinese, definitely samsung is an alternative to Japanese brands. Given quite some Koreans and Chinese do not like Japanese brands.

The thing is, already existing Pentax users will hardly go for samsung. Only new users of D SLR may consider samsung. Plus, samsung may ask higher price for the same model.

So, for people do not know much Pentax, Samsung is also an alternative to N, C.

Further, for Koreans and some Chinese, definitely samsung is an alternative to Japanese brands. Given quite some Koreans and Chinese do not like Japanese brands.

Like it or not, the Koreans are going to give the Japs a run for their money .................. :)

Typically rebranded goods are usually cheaper but I'm not sure when it comes to Samsung. With their move to upmarket from their humble beginnings 5-10 years back, their stuff are now very expensive, much like how Sony is today.
But of course, more people using the format means more likely to rech critical mass to keep prices of lenses down too....

Looks like not many ppl frequent pentax forum. Doesnt appeal to Spore crowd.

Looks like not many ppl frequent pentax forum. Doesnt appeal to Spore crowd.

cos most of them has been influenced by the majority of C and N owners who kept on saying wide range of lenses, "superior" performance, used by "everyone".

Its the same for Palm and Pocket PC some years back. In those days, everyone was saying how great the Palm is and how lame the Pocket PC is, no software, unstable, difficult to use, etc. The general population who were largely ignorant believed the larger group of Palm users. Today, the situation has reversed and its all due to Microsoft slowly improving on their product and leveraging on their financial muscle too.

I think what Pentax Singapore needs to do is to improve on their education and exposure.
Just look at the newspapers and magazines. Almost all tech magazines have some sort of advert for N , C and O. And many took pains to explain why they are "great".
As for Pentax, hardly an advert and when you see one, its usually a small one with features in bullets and no elaboration!

Just look at how Panasonic is marketing their MegaOIS. Full details, explanations, interesting snippets and sample images. I truly believed they had a great product there!
Of course nowadays there are alot of copycats out there, ironically from C , N and even Pentax.

cos most of them has been influenced by the majority of C and N owners who kept on saying wide range of lenses, "superior" performance, used by "everyone".

Its the same for Palm and Pocket PC some years back. In those days, everyone was saying how great the Palm is and how lame the Pocket PC is, no software, unstable, difficult to use, etc. The general population who were largely ignorant believed the larger group of Palm users. Today, the situation has reversed and its all due to Microsoft slowly improving on their product and leveraging on their financial muscle too.

I think what Pentax Singapore needs to do is to improve on their education and exposure.
Just look at the newspapers and magazines. Almost all tech magazines have some sort of advert for N , C and O. And many took pains to explain why they are "great".
As for Pentax, hardly an advert and when you see one, its usually a small one with features in bullets and no elaboration!

Just look at how Panasonic is marketing their MegaOIS. Full details, explanations, interesting snippets and sample images. I truly believed they had a great product there!
Of course nowadays there are alot of copycats out there, ironically from C , N and even Pentax.

Well, I must agree with you.. Branding.. C and N are no doubts more for the PROs, and that's because they have higher grade camera which are priced very much differently, and becos of that, they seem to have better camera (in general)... But if we were to do a simple comparsion, i think Pentax does has have its better points, of course, a weaker point as well. Hence they need to Rebrand themselves. Advertising cost alot, and the return may not be there.. plus Singapore is a small market.. they will have to estimate the returns from the advertising. Current C/N/O/S user will not switch unless there is a strong point of switch (like us, we have the lense and flash, it will take us time to consider if we want to switch).

But no matter how small the Pentax market are, more importantly is how we use the camera to produce pictures that even some N/C users will "WOW"... right..;)

But no matter how small the Pentax market are, more importantly is how we use the camera to produce pictures that even some N/C users will "WOW"... right..;)

Yeah, I guess you got this right. It's not the camera, but the one behind camera makes 'WOW' pics :bigeyes:

But I do feel this new K10d will draw some crowd to Pentax family ;)

People around me are questioning my first dSLR when i told them it will be Pentax. A couple of them urged me to think of lense before the body. It sounds quite true. How do you guys see the point?

People around me are questioning my first dSLR when i told them it will be Pentax. A couple of them urged me to think of lense before the body. It sounds quite true. How do you guys see the point?

All Pentax DA lenses are quite easily available in local stores, and they are very good optically. Actually Pentax has more digital lenses even than Canon or Nikon:

Released (all available at Cathay Photo):
DA10-17/3.5-4.5 FishEye
DA12-24/4
DA16-45/4
DA18-55/3.5-5.6
DA50-200/4-5.6
DA14/2.8
DA21/3.2LE
DA40/2.8LE
DFA50/2.8 macro
DFA100/2.8 macro

Yet to be released:
DA*16-50/2.8
DA*50-135/2.8
DA*60-250/4
DA70/2.4LE

And some others on the roadmap for next year or later:
DA17-70
DA70-300
DA35
DA55
DFA200
DFA300

Not to say those millions used Pentax K or Screw mount lenses on the second hand market.

These are more than enough for most, even pros I think. I for one haven't had any trouble finding whatever lenses I really want, and I'm only into Pentax for 2 years ...

I always thought pple had problems getting Pentax lenses in SG...

But are they expensive?

Status
Not open for further replies.