Praying?


Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Dawn

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
2,468
1
38
Singapore
www.5stonesphoto.com
Hi

Caught this on Easter Sunday on the train...

Praying?


Shot with EOS 1v with Fuji Press 800
with the 35mm f2

is the camera bigger than the D30 without grip? yup, slightly only. Did it cause commotion and turn heads when i took the photo? surprisingly not. Regardin the discussion in the other thread about shooting on public trains, the trick is not to try to be sneaky when taking photos in public, then nobody would be suspicious of your intentions.

I had my camera in full view of everybody mins before i took the shot. Once they are used to the presence of the camera, nobody gives a hoot.
 

StreetShooter

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
4,634
0
36
Katong
streetshooter.clubsnap.org
Originally posted by Red Dawn
is the camera bigger than the D30 without grip? yup, slightly only. Did it cause commotion and turn heads when i took the photo? surprisingly not.
Did it go boom when you took the shot?
No? Then it can't have been a Cannon.

Seriously, I've found it is how self conscious or relaxed the photographer is that makes all the difference. As long as you believe you have the right to be there, and shoot your photos, all is well.

You scanned from a print, hah? Very poor quality leh. Also got lots of jpeg artifacts. How does it feel to have to be so miserly with your shots? "Wah... one shot is 25 cents... then develop and print, another 35 cents..."
 

rty

Moderator
Staff member
Jan 19, 2002
1,175
0
36
Singapore
Personally I would avoid taking pictures of people in "CAPTIVE" places like MRT, buses, lift, etc, for it is difficult for people to dodge or evade the camera if they are unwilling to be photographed. Singapore might be fine but in some other countries, failing to heed this advice can be detrimental to your own health, as well as the health of your camera! Be sensible. Use your judgement and your intuition.

Just my two cent advice.
;)
 

eadwine

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
1,937
0
36
41
east side
clapclapclapclapclaP

"Tai Li Hai"
next time i try in mrt
 

Red Dawn

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
2,468
1
38
Singapore
www.5stonesphoto.com
Originally posted by eadwine
clapclapclapclapclaP

"Tai Li Hai"
next time i try in mrt
must remember to post your MRT shots!

hmm......shall we start a mass project - theme would be "Travelling in MRT". Mission is to capture in photographs, every interesting aspect of taking the MRT in Singapore.

we can then all post our photos here to make a giant collection of MRT photos.
 

eadwine

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
1,937
0
36
41
east side
yes yes capture people sleeping, drooling, digging nose, having hair gel stick to the glass panel, people's shoes, women putting on makeup...the list can go on....:gbounce:
 

quackaroo

New Member
Jan 17, 2002
373
0
0
38
Singapore
www.illumn.com
red dawn
the idea caught upon me
but do you know that you have to get a permit to actually shoot on the MRT.... personal i think they will close an eye, but on a open public web site... we may hitch a problem.

as far as i know MRT is considered as private property which also means if we want to shoot on the train, we have to haev a permit. anyone clarify?
 

Red Dawn

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
2,468
1
38
Singapore
www.5stonesphoto.com
Originally posted by quackaroo
red dawn
the idea caught upon me
but do you know that you have to get a permit to actually shoot on the MRT.... personal i think they will close an eye, but on a open public web site... we may hitch a problem.

as far as i know MRT is considered as private property which also means if we want to shoot on the train, we have to haev a permit. anyone clarify?
hmm....u're right. that might be a potential problem.
let me go mull over this for a few days....;p
 

Status
Not open for further replies.