Visit site
a baby praying mantis

123prayingmantis.jpg

Equipment: :embrass:
Canon Powershot A70
Reversed Yashica ML 50 mm f/1.9

Av Priority: F/8.0
1/60 with internal Flash on

OMG!..u are the best !...the best A70 Macro i have seen. Take my hats off to you. Excellent shot with superb detail! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Very nice, but 2 little nit picks. The eyes are OOF. Try higher apperture next time. And I'd PS away that thing on one of it's antennae.

Shooting with a reversed 50mm on a prosumer before, I know how hard this shot was to make. Small manual focusing screen, having to steady hands like mad. I don't miss those days one bit, heh heh. :bsmilie:

Even at maximum aperture on the camera, your depth of field will be paper thin, so concentrate the focus on the eyes, not the body. Main focus should always be on the eyes of the subject when shooting a portrait, be it insects, animals or humans.

Nice shot, hope to see more reversed 50mm macros. :D

SpitFir3: oh well, not as good as yours and SuperRay's.. I've visited quite regularly to ur two websites.. and oh wow.. really inspiring me... so that's quite a compliment coming from you.. thanks

Royce: yes, it's a bit OOF, already @ min apperture F/8.0

mr_jason: :D not miss a bit ehhh? I miss your 300D hehehehe.. thanks

patul said:
SpitFir3: oh well, not as good as yours and SuperRay's.. I've visited quite regularly to ur two websites.. and oh wow.. really inspiring me... so that's quite a compliment coming from you.. thanks

Royce: yes, it's a bit OOF, already @ min apperture F/8.0

mr_jason: :D not miss a bit ehhh? I miss your 300D hehehehe.. thanks

haha..i and super dont get to get this close as we never use reverse 50mm to take macro..worst case was to stack 5 or 6 +4 closeup filters.. :)

SpitFir3 said:
haha..i and super dont get to get this close as we never use reverse 50mm to take macro..worst case was to stack 5 or 6 +4 closeup filters.. :)

but i never could achieve the quality level of your images with same setup.. +4 hoya + tc

I am eager to know how you set up that lens on the A70 too. Great one.

khairi said:
yo yo..i'd like to know your set up...i have a A80 and was trying to get that close.
Minoxman said:
I am eager to know how you set up that lens on the A70 too. Great one.

Nothing special about the setup:
A70 + LADC-52C
Hold the Reversed 50mm in front of your cam, with help from the lens adapter..

if you dont want to hold that thing, just try to find male-to-male ring coupler.. or you can DIY by glueing two ring filters in opposite direction, so you can attach the lens to the lens adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.