1. Earnest Prayer with the Prayer-wheel
DSC_0927-8RRZ.jpg

2. Fall
DSC_0886a-8RaRZ.jpg

3.Pleading
DSC_0898afz.jpg

#1 and #2 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I like the 1st one!

OT a bit here, how was your trip to Tibet? Any tips? Coz I might go visit Tibet this Sep.

tomshen said:
I like the 1st one!

OT a bit here, how was your trip to Tibet? Any tips? Coz I might go visit Tibet this Sep.
Thanks Tomshen
Sept is a good month to go.. do check on the Tibet website on
road block to certain place such as Namtso. You probably can
go by a new highway by then.
Ensure you have a Permit to entire Tibet.
Do stay overnight at Namtso though it might be very cold...I had missed it.
Start at lower height for a few days before ascending to higher ground.
Can pm me if u need further info.
All the best to your plan.

Cheers

Thanks Hosea! In fact if you don't mind, after your album (prints or digital) is ready, would like to meet up with you for a coffee/tea chat :) Good to get some answers from you in person.

tomshen said:
Thanks Hosea! In fact if you don't mind, after your album (prints or digital) is ready, would like to meet up with you for a coffee/tea chat :) Good to get some answers from you in person.
Sure. starbucks with cheese cake. :)

may i ask, whether is it difficult to take picture of people praying or begging in Tibet? I heard that it's necessary to use long lenses as people are generally not very open to photography, because of superstitious..

Hosea said:
Some praying expression of these Tibetan devotee at Jokhang

1. Earnest Prayer with the Prayer-wheel
DSC_0927R.jpg

I like how this pic is captured in slow shutter speed :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I am amazed by the 1st, 2nd and 3rd shot. Really worthy achievements.

At first, I was enthralled by only 1st and 2nd. But as I stared at the 3rd shot, it speaks to me a lot. Outstanding human portraits performing our most sacred duties - prayers!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

behyx said:
may i ask, whether is it difficult to take picture of people praying or begging in Tibet? I heard that it's necessary to use long lenses as people are generally not very open to photography, because of superstitious..

We just need to be more daring to face some unhappy "No" and respect
their decision if they choose not to be taken. Sometimes, you will
be greeted with some "happy" smiles .. so press on. :)
I take each one of them as individual with different preference...each
has a reason for their reactons.
Zoom(long) lens is good but not so suitable when the place is too crowded or when you are too near to the intereting subject.. such as this shot.

Common sight @ Jokhang

jeffhiew said:
I like how this pic is captured in slow shutter speed :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Jeff, thanks and glad you like it.. I am sure you can capture
interesting shots with your lens too. :)

tOGGY said:
I am amazed by the 1st, 2nd and 3rd shot. Really worthy achievements.

At first, I was enthralled by only 1st and 2nd. But as I stared at the 3rd shot, it speaks to me a lot. Outstanding human portraits performing our most sacred duties - prayers!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks tOGGY, glad to know that you like all the 3 shots ...and I hope
their expressions would really show how devoted they are.

You nailed the expressions man! The third is my favourite because the blurred 'moving' hand and her intense facial expression. The prayer chain on hand adds nicely to the detail. The zero distraction achieved through bokeh blurr is nice. This shot can be sent for competition IMO.

The first is also wonderful. However comparatively speaking, the movement of the twirling prayer wheel is extremely nice but not as moving (literally and emotionally) as the hands of the lady. Man shot Has X factor and the lady has XXX factor.

The second shot exposure is superb. 2.5 stop of light tells the whole story! His eyes and frown lines is captivating. Of course, you employed the magic of close up details as well.

Keep it coming man. One shot, I will be amazed. Three in a row...er make me feel like leaving for Tibet or leaving photography.. :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

tOGGY said:
You nailed the expressions man! The third is my favourite because the blurred 'moving' hand and her intense facial expression. The prayer chain on hand adds nicely to the detail. The zero distraction achieved through bokeh blurr is nice. This shot can be sent for competition IMO.

The first is also wonderful. However comparatively speaking, the movement of the twirling prayer wheel is extremely nice but not as moving (literally and emotionally) as the hands of the lady. Man shot Has X factor and the lady has XXX factor.

The second shot exposure is superb. 2.5 stop of light tells the whole story! His eyes and frown lines is captivating. Of course, you employed the magic of close up details as well.

Keep it coming man. One shot, I will be amazed. Three in a row...er make me feel like leaving for Tibet or leaving photography.. :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Thanks again !! You sure can bring back some good pix from Tibet !!
Btw, look out for 凤凰 channel(SCV) on Sat morning @ 10 am.. a good
program about Tibet and discussions of some of its culture.

Cheers!!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: especially pic 1 & 2... well taken, capture the mood & expression of the Tibetan...... Tibet 4 my next holiday...:think:

damian77 said:
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: especially pic 1 & 2... well taken, capture the mood & expression of the Tibetan...... Tibet 4 my next holiday...:think:
Thanks Damain for your comment...hope u will visit Tibet too.

Status
Not open for further replies.