Prayer Festival....

Status
Not open for further replies.

schnauzier

Aug 8, 2008
Punggol Drive
Hi folks,
went to the festival with my camera, shoot shoot shoot and shoot but non of the picture turn up ok, sigh....however, i hv this taken at the very last minute, the colour looks flat...i dunno why? can anybody share with me?
C&C and advice welcome.

b94e73e5.jpg

sorry, i have no idea what this picture is about.

maybe you need moar dof and focus seems to be at the lines instead of the characters

I am still learning so......

The reflections are distracting. Focusing on the chinese characters would probably be nicer

Caveat emptor!

The bokeh might have been better if you tried shooting wide open instead of stopping down to f2.8

Also the background lights may have fooled your metering into allowing for a faster shutter speed when you may actually have benefitted from a slightly slower shutter speed to gather a lil more light and make the subject (the first lantern) brighter. ;)

It might be due to under exposure prob.:)

Hi folks,
went to the festival with my camera, shoot shoot shoot and shoot but non of the picture turn up ok, sigh....however, i hv this taken at the very last minute, the colour looks flat...i dunno why? can anybody share with me?
C&C and advice welcome.

b94e73e5.jpg

If you are presenting this to viewers who are not proficient in Mandarin, they would be none the wiser. One who does not read or understand Mandarin would not see the link between your subject, the words on it, and your title.

Speaking of the words on the lantern, the top word is cut off abruptly. I do not see the complete word.

What was your objective in this shot? What did you want to communicate? What are you hoping your viewers will take away or understand from this image, and what do you want them to feel? Your write-up (that was supposed to come with posting the image, but is missing) is supposed to go over these above questions. Without the write up, we cannot help you say whether you have achieved your goal in communicating what you intended to your viewers.

Since your title is Prayer Festival, there is practically nothing in your picture that relates to the title. Just the lantern is not enough to show what was happening at the festival. You should have gotten shots of people in action as most of these festivals are very colorful.

lol i know where you took this shot. i was there @ this festival, although got camera with me, but didn't shoot much. too smoky.

which lens are you using?

lol i know where you took this shot. i was there @ this festival, although got camera with me, but didn't shoot much. too smoky.

which lens are you using?

Should be the 85 f1.8

Status
Not open for further replies.