prawn tempura.. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.

tainted

Feb 6, 2006
in Critterdom
sorry not sure if this is the right thread... anws im hungry... when i worked as a waitress i did the shoot for the set meals of the day for a restaurent at keppel club... this was my fav dish... i got to eat all the display meals after i was through taking pics of it... ;P

prawn.jpg

imho,

WB is wrong, colours not warm enough. I dont like the composition with the glass at the background. If youre gonna shoot at that level, you might as well take it out.

doesnt work for me too.. it lacks an impact... :dunno:

its making me hungry!!!
btw, is the noodles/pasta supposed to be greenish?
would be much better to have a cleaner background as the background glasses are too distracting.

also, maybe u would want to shoot from a 10-35 deg angle from the dish and keep the whole plate in focus

lastly, clean the sides of the serving dish a bit, the stains at the back makes it look less appealing!

:D

haha yeah the noodles are supposed to be green.. its spinach noodles.. :3 i agree that the wb is wrong though.. and come to think i do agree that the overall compo wasn't too good. haha but what im thankful of is that the picture was taken 2 years ago. ;P i can proudly say now that my pics are more or less better now since i have a lead photog who goes tough on me when i goof up a few of the pictures..
oh yah the stains on the back of the plates are paprika! xD the chef wanted to geh kiang abit and i didnt dare wipe it off lest he yells at me rofl...
erm whats imho? :bsmilie:

yeah if the aperture is higher the bg will be blurer issit? during that time i never had the brain to think of a tripod... haha i perched it on the table smack in front of the dish :sweatsm:

Most chefs make the worst food stylists ever. Hehehe... :bsmilie:

Show us some of your recent works please. Would love to see them.

yeah if the aperture is higher the bg will be blurer issit? during that time i never had the brain to think of a tripod... haha i perched it on the table smack in front of the dish :sweatsm:

depends on the distance u are from the subject and the f number...
bigger aperature and close to the subject would create blurer bg....

maybe a higher f number + tripod may help alot :D

Higher F number = small opened aperture = greater DOF...
Lower F Number = wide opened aperture = swallow DOF...

just to avoid confusion...

I dont see why you bothered to upload this picture if it was taken 2 years ago, and you yourself know its not up to your personal standard. How about showcasing us some of your newer items? Hopefully it will make my tummy rumble this time. :0

black and white? go ahead i guess im quite bo chup one lol... post the result here i quite curious to see it haha :bsmilie:
@ dream merchant i think this other picture is about the latest i can find... it was taken at west view pri for their prize givin event... i went to the ava room and found this teacher applying makeup to this sullen kid who said that make up is for girls... ;P
bratII.jpg

i have a weakness for kids though.. i especially love the babyfaced ones though.. or rather kinds 7 years and below... they're rather 'gong' and adorable... my friend always commented i'll end up in a life of cradle snatching one day :sweat:

Thanks Tainted.

I was actually thinking of other food shots. hehehe... :bsmilie:

rofl food shots not yet lei... dun have the opportunity now since i working alot... quite sad ne? maybe one day i go rent out cam then make my dad cook lots of food then i take it... i wuv my dad's food :>

Hahaha!

OK, we'll wait for your food shots then.

Does your dad own a stall or cafe?

No he doesnt; he was a chef last time for sembawang/yishun seafoods in the past... now he's in a different line of job... he only cooks dinner for us so that we can stay fat lawl

WAA! Goot life manz!

Mabbie you should organise a food TFCD! :bsmilie:

Then after the shoot, we can all whack your dad's food! :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.