Prank

Status
Not open for further replies.

oeyvind

Feb 25, 2002
www.oeyvind.org
:nono:

Please KINDLY do not leave prank comment on others gallery as me, thanks.

This is an extremely childish act and a serious case since it is masquerading identity and libel.

PBASE admin and abuse team has been informed and am seeking their assistance in tracking down the offender.

If you do get comment like this, please kindly inform me via PM, thanks.

prank.png

This act is a criminal offence in Singapore and is chargeable.

I will pursue legal action, please take note.

have consulted a legal professional. yes, its a serious offence chargeable under the law. will consult another legal professional in the litigation field for further advice.

what they currently recommend is to get the IP address, lodge a police report and with the report, approach the ISP.
if you're able to ID the machine that was used to post that comment, you will have to decide whether you want to press charges or not.

will check with a litigator to see what can be done further.

oeyvind said:
:nono:

Please KINDLY do not leave prank comment on others gallery as me, thanks.

This is an extremely childish act and a serious case since it is masquerading identity and libel.

PBASE admin and abuse team has been informed and am seeking their assistance in tracking down the offender.

If you do get comment like this, please kindly inform me via PM, thanks.

prank.png

This act is a criminal offence in Singapore and is chargeable.

I will pursue legal action, please take note.

Thanx to Oeyvind for alerting me. I've got a message on my pbase site as well, as have already contacted PBase for the necessary details to bring the prankster down. This message will be there for another 24 hours before it will be deleted, so as to assist the PBase authorities to do further investigation.

Oeyvind, you may like to check on your PC/notebook to see if it has been hacked. Changing another login email in PBase may help to stop this act for the moment, until the culprit has been caught.

rncw said:
have consulted a legal professional. yes, its a serious offence chargeable under the law. will consult another legal professional in the litigation field for further advice.

what they currently recommend is to get the IP address, lodge a police report and with the report, approach the ISP.
if you're able to ID the machine that was used to post that comment, you will have to decide whether you want to press charges or not.

will check with a litigator to see what can be done further.

Thanx for the much needed info rncw. Will try to get the IP address of origination and let the authorities handle it.

Virgo said:
Thanx to Oeyvind for alerting me. I've got a message on my pbase site as well, as have already contacted PBase for the necessary details to bring the prankster down. This message will be there for another 24 hours before it will be deleted, so as to assist the PBase authorities to do further investigation.

Oeyvind, you may like to check on your PC/notebook to see if it has been hacked. Changing another login email in PBase may help to stop this act for the moment, until the culprit has been caught.

My pbase email address is not my .Mac address.

I'm on a Mac... I did not write those prank comments nor that is my writing style.

:ipuke: prankster

oeyvind said:

I'm on a Mac... I did not write those prank comments nor that is my writing style.

Tim;

If you need help or advice regarding this matter, do call. I'll try my best to assist.

Sorry to hear about sure a lame prank tho' :( :rolleyes:

after a brief conversation with my colleague who is in the litigation field...

if the offender is based in singapore or ISP is in singapore, you can

1) lodge police report, then ask ISP to check
2) lodge police report, make a magistrate complaint and let the police investigate...but they will need to know under which provisions..

think it is under the computer mis-use act for identity theft (not sure, will check on this)....
tim, will help you find out how to go about making a magistrate complaint.

oeyvind said:

Oic. Can this be a security loophole in PBase then? I noticed that SSL was not used during sign in. Someone may just sniff it and use it without consent. Just my six sense.

well...this is surely no prank...

the person who did this is surely out to cause damages, with full intent....

a most cowardly act to attack a person's name while hiding in the shadows.

:thumbsd: :thumbsd:

i recall the case of a prankster who used PM Goh's email address ... how did they track him down and what punishment did he get in the end?

zaren said:
i recall the case of a prankster who used PM Goh's email address ... how did they track him down and what punishment did he get in the end?

All they need is the IP address. There has been several defamation cases on some of the other forums I frequent - the forum owner is legally obligated to reveal the IP address. Many of these offenders were fined.

Not sure what happened to the person who masqueraded as PM Goh though.

Virgo said:
Oic. Can this be a security loophole in PBase then? I noticed that SSL was not used during sign in. Someone may just sniff it and use it without consent. Just my six sense.

no, if you login and leave a comment, the comment will track back to your own pbase gallery no email address will be shown!

Something like...

Sorry for the abuse in the comment box, will be making a magistrate complaint upon getting the IP address of the poster.

Status
Not open for further replies.