prana climbing pants. and EBC trek

ahsamhui

Apr 12, 2006
Hi,

Happy new year.
Need some help here.
Does anyone here know where to get Prana or Royal Robins climbing/hiking pants in sg ? Went down to the address indicated on insing but cant find them. Maybe they have closed down.

Cant seem to find these 2 brands in outdoor stores in velocity.

Am planning a EBC trek. Please if anyone has experience to share would be a great help.

Thank you.
Ah sam

if you're going to San Francisco be sure to wear flowers in your hair

if you're going to Everest Base Camp I think you'll have to get serious technical gear . not royal robbins

Why don't you go to Camper corner and have a look, they have major brands which are well tested and works in places such as EBC where cold temperature will be a concern. I personally uses North Face from the Gore-Tex Jackets and boots, fleece jacket to down jacket. Layering is very important so that you can add or remove according to the temperature change and activities involved.

Reactions: Shizuma
if you're going to San Francisco be sure to wear flowers in your hair

if you're going to Everest Base Camp I think you'll have to get serious technical gear . not royal robbins

Ha ha, btw Royal Robbins is a serious climber and they have serious trekking clothes but I think most of the Royal Robbins shops have closed since people here will not pay serious money for what they see as not serious clothes.

I managed to buy some Prana from Fall Factor at Bukit Merah but they might have stop bringing in.

If you have plenty of money but little knowledge Camper's Corner is a good place as they can advise you.

otherwise you can buy cheap and good gear from alibaba or aliexpress since you are only trekking to EBC and not climbing Everest. You may not even need Goretex but you should get down jackets. You can get all these stuff at 20-30% of local prices for the unbranded or fake branded stuff down in Kathmandu if you can schedule 2-3 days for shopping.

Last edited:
Hi Ah Sam,

If your going to EBC, better to wear base layer long sleeve and a wind breaker jacket during trekking and base layer long sleeve plus fleece and wind breaker and wear a thick socks a night. I been there before, in Kathmandu there lots and lots of outdoor shop generic/original way more affordable than shops here in Singapore. You can also try North face, Marmot, Lafuma and Patagonia, this brand can do the job for you.

Last edited:
When I went up Mt Kinabalu there was a guy who was going to do African peaks and etc. My lousy generic "waterproof" windbreaker took on water after 2hrs of rain. He was very warm and happy and dry in his Marmot...

Suggest you buy online either via Ebay or US merchants ( backcountry.com, rei.com, moosejaw.com ) and use Vpost to have it sent to Sg. US merchants have seasonal sales and you can get deep discounts too.