Prague B&W

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeypctan

Mar 17, 2006
this pic is taken in prague during the autumn. was hoping to create a melancholy effect. critics and comments please. thanks

PB272756-bw2.jpg

Nice :) got original to see the Autumn colors? since you mentioned you took it during the Autumn.

Never been there, hoping to take a trip there too... was wondering if you tried composing the shot with more of the background buildings (the domed buildings behind in "white" to have a more sense of depth?

just wondering... it's still a good shot imo :)

I did a simple workshop on your very nice pic.
Removed the man on the left to give the feeling the musician is playing music to a deserted flight of stairs ... enhance the mood of melancholy.

PM me if you mind me doing a workshop on your pic - I'll remove the below pic asap.

PB272756-bw2.jpg

I did a simple workshop on your very nice pic... to enhance the mood of melancholy.
hope you don't mind.

PB272756-bw2.jpg
no, it wouldn't work here,

viewers can follow the eyesight of the man to lead to the man sit on the door way, without him, the man with flute is lost in the whole picture.

Prague is nice

good shot :)

anyway, mind to show the original picture since you take it in autumn?

i think it's a wonderful shot evoking emotions. it's really good. the man walking alone was alluding to the irony of no man is an island and to juxtapose that there are two lonely men in the picture.
might just be me, i don't know.

My suggestion is to increase the contrast a little.

How much contrast is of course rather subjective. But it looks rather "flat" to me.

If the flatness is due to something like haze, it is different. Here it is just dull.

And yes, I would prefer to leave the man there.

this pic is taken in prague during the autumn. was hoping to create a melancholy effect. critics and comments please. thanks

PB272756-bw2.jpg

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: would love to see the coloured version which i feel would have some very nice colours

Was there in Winter 2000 very beautiful place especially the bridge;)

cheers!

thanks for all the c&c. it really is very helpful. here are the pic of autum in prague. really love it in prague. everywhere is so scenic (sorry the pic is a bit tilted, i dont have my CS2 installed)

PB272755.jpg

I feel that you could have used the concept of leading lines more, to your advantage in this shot. By shifting more to your left, perhaps you could have included the view or at least part of it at the end of the flight of steps... my 2 cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.