PR Vietnamese man fined for molesting doctor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreaming

Oct 22, 2006
SINGAPORE : A former IT engineer was fined S$8,000 on Tuesday for molesting a doctor in her clinic on June 8 last year.

A district court found 30-year-old Pham Thai Ha guilty of outraging the doctor's modesty after a seven-day trial.

The Singapore permanent resident had held her shoulders and tried to kiss her during a consultation session in her clinic.

The Vietnamese man had also taken the doctor's hand and pulled her towards him.

The doctor had earlier told the court that Pham had gone to the clinic to seek treatment for a rash on his finger.

She added that he later told her that there was a rash on his buttocks and undressed so that she could examine the affected area.

The doctor testified that Pham was seen to be sexually aroused shortly after she examined him and he then proceeded to molest her.

Pham could have been jailed up to two years and fined or caned for committing the offence.

- CNA/al

no caning??? :dunno:

can i enquire about your purpose of bringing this up? i certainly hope it is not nationality, since you are not a new member, you should know the rules here.

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_517731.html
"FORMER TV actor and model agency owner Mark Chow Yee Sze, already fined $6,000 three weeks ago for molesting a woman in 2007..."

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/inte...nal-jailed-be-caned-molesting-women-girls-843
"A 23-year old Indian national, who molested five girls and women in May this year, has been sentenced to eight years of jail and ordered to be given 12 cane strokes by a local court. "

for your kind reading: http://statutes.agc.gov.sg/non_vers...=PENAL CODE &date=late&segid=888373002-001939
Assault or use of criminal force to a person with intent to outrage modesty
354. —(1) Whoever assaults or uses criminal force to any person, intending to outrage or knowing it to be likely that he will thereby outrage the modesty of that person, shall be punished with imprisonment for a term which may extend to 2 years, or with fine, or with caning, or with any combination of such punishments.

please note use of the word "or".

SINGAPORE : A former IT engineer was fined S$8,000 on Tuesday for molesting a doctor in her clinic on June 8 last year.

A district court found 30-year-old Pham Thai Ha guilty of outraging the doctor's modesty after a seven-day trial.

The Singapore permanent resident had held her shoulders and tried to kiss her during a consultation session in her clinic.

The doctor had earlier told the court that Pham had gone to the clinic to seek treatment for a rash on his finger.

She added that he later told her that there was a rash on his buttocks and undressed so that she could examine the affected area.

The doctor testified that Pham was seen to be sexually aroused shortly after she examined him and he then proceeded to molest her.

Pham could have been jailed up to two years and fined or caned for committing the offence.

- CNA/al

I think that guy is crazy. Pay to do such a thing? :bigeyes:

He might as well use the money to go red-light district for his "urge"?? :dunno:
At least he won't be charged in court. :sweat:

Awarding of fine, jail or caning for an offense may depends on seriousness of the crime, repeated offense or the person has history of other offense(s). But for sure this guy has a criminal record already, not sure if his PR status will be revoke?

his roleplay fantasies got the better of him.

Awarding of fine, jail or caning for an offense may depends on seriousness of the crime, repeated offense or the person has history of other offense(s). But for sure this guy has a criminal record already, not sure if his PR status will be revoke?
How are you for sure this guy has a criminal record?
The doctor got too soft hands or her investigation was too 'sensual' :bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

- CNA/al

Haha! I heard this one on Class 95Fm this morning, funny! heehee!

Honestly for 8k, he could be in our neighbouring countries fullfilling his different fantasies for 5 days straight :bsmilie:

Haha! I heard this one on Class 95Fm this morning, funny! heehee!

Honestly for 8k, he could be in our neighbouring countries fullfilling his different fantasies for 5 days straight :bsmilie:

haha.. weirdo. all rapists / molesters are stupid imho. risk caning / fine / jail for few mins of pleasure. just go red light if really cannot resist ma.

same for those perverts posing as 'photographers', buy expensive camera. then take effort to lure, face police, finally take capital punishment in the form of a permanent mark on the butt. just not worth it. these perverts could have just used the camera money and go straight to red light. the pros are happy, he is happy.

IMHO, the doctor has to be blamed partly for his action ...:dunno:
any experienced doctor will get his or her assistant to be nearby for any "private" examination.:think:

haha.. weirdo. all rapists / molesters are stupid imho. risk caning / fine / jail for few mins of pleasure. just go red light if really cannot resist ma.

same for those perverts posing as 'photographers', buy expensive camera. then take effort to lure, face police, finally take capital punishment in the form of a permanent mark on the butt. just not worth it. these perverts could have just used the camera money and go straight to red light. the pros are happy, he is happy.

Hmmm..

Actually the reason why they take the risk is not just for the sake of eat toufu & hopefully can end up with the person on bed (watch to much fantasy jap AV)

The reason why they take the risk, I guess, is because of the thrill & kicks they get? Correct me if I'm wrong. That is my only logical reasoning I can think of for these folks

No caning bcos he did not touch her at more private areas.

Anyway, maybe he's a foreign talent also?! Singapore cannot afford to lose people like him.

Who cares, it's a win-win situation. He has learnt his lesson (I hope) without being harmed on the buttocks or spending his precious time in jail, while Singapore gets the $8k so easily by his act.

You and I don't get to pocket the $ of course. :) The doctor doesn't benefit from the verdict also. The disgusting experience stays imprinted on her mind. Guess who's laughing with the $?

they are not called "weirdo" for nothing ... it's the thrills that excite their bended brains. :bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie: even a colonel in the most powerful nation preferred to steal underwears :dunno:

IMHO, the doctor has to be blamed partly for his action ...:dunno:
any experienced doctor will get his or her assistant to be nearby for any "private" examination.:think:

Examination by a female doc on another female or male patient does not require a chaperone (your so-called "assistant").

Examination by a male doc on a female patient requires one.

Hmmm..

Actually the reason why they take the risk is not just for the sake of eat toufu & hopefully can end up with the person on bed (watch to much fantasy jap AV)

The reason why they take the risk, I guess, is because of the thrill & kicks they get? Correct me if I'm wrong. That is my only logical reasoning I can think of for these folks

Is the risk worth it lor? Doing such stuff, the girl dont like it / get scarred for life. He shiok also not completely, cos the girl doesn't reciprocate.

Go red light, the girl like it (got money). He shiok cos the girl also reciprocate.

Anyway, that guy also crazy. Summore got the cheek to put finger on the lips, ask the doctor not to tell any1. lol.

No caning bcos he did not touch her at more private areas.

Anyway, maybe he's a foreign talent also?! Singapore cannot afford to lose people like him.

Who cares, it's a win-win situation. He has learnt his lesson (I hope) without being harmed on the buttocks or spending his precious time in jail, while Singapore gets the $8k so easily by his act.

You and I don't get to pocket the $ of course. :) The doctor doesn't benefit from the verdict also. The disgusting experience stays imprinted on her mind. Guess who's laughing with the $?

U mean the doctor dont get anything?

Examination by a female doc on another female or male patient does not require a chaperone (your so-called "assistant").

Examination by a male doc on a female patient requires one.
not true ....
in this crazy world, even female patient will cry foul on her female doctor ...

my male doctor will always have his female assistant next to the curtain when he is examining me. i think it is a good move, in case I cry foul :bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

not true ....

my male doctor will always have his female assistant next to the curtain when he is examining me. i think it is a good move, in case I cry foul :bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

Ya lor. Have anyone experienced a potentially 'gay' doctor before? Because I have. :angry:

U mean the doctor dont get anything?

Based on the report, doesn't look like it.

Unless the doc decides to sue the guy for causing her mental stress or trauma. None is mentioned presumably because she didn't feel that way.

Neither was she harmed or injured, so there is no monetary claim from her insurance.

What else can she get? It's just a crime reported and justice meted out. The victim (the doc) gets no monetary compensation. The $8k goes to..... ? :)

If only these idiots use their heads to think. So sexually tensed up, go home **** it off, and donate half of his fine to charity also a lot better. The Viet guy thot he's still back in his country is it?

not true ....

Nope. It's not standard practice, unless there are reasons to believe the patient requires one, even then, usually for other more important reasons rather than fearing the patient "crying foul".

If a female doc does have an assistant around while examining a female patient, they are there to assist her in some procedure, or they just happen to be there. It's NOT a regulatory requirement. And this standard is adhered to in clinics and hospitals today.

Status
Not open for further replies.