ppl who look for good earphone for your mp3 player

Status
Not open for further replies.

ztsen

May 2, 2004
Singapore
calvintsen.fotopic.net
During my trip at japan.
I notice a new earphone just release from Sony, which is Nude MDR-EX90SL.
The good about in tokyo, they have setup all the earphones at the store and allow you to test till you happy.

And this earphone is selling like a hot cake in Tokyo. Many places out of stock.
I managed to buy this Sony MDR-EX90SL at Hibiya and it also a last piece.

Good bass, good mid range. 9980 Yen. :)

I dont like sonys as they tend to be too bass-heavy. After hearing the Audio Techinica CK-7 ear buds you never want to try another one again. I still waiting to buy mine after my hje-50's died...

buy those neckstrap type for handsfree and bagfree music on the move :thumbsup:

Yup, I've been eyeing the EX90 as well. But not in SG yet. :confused:

i had a pair of ex81... not bad, good seal and very comfy. sound was a nice step-up from basic earphones. but cable very very flimsy.

then one day i tried the lower end etymotics ones... and... argh... completely blew the sonys away.

wonder how these new ones compare. probably still not in the same range, but i wonder if good value for money.

need less bass and adjust EQ. if earphone no bass, no matter how u push EQ also no use. :)

raptor84 said:
I dont like sonys as they tend to be too bass-heavy. After hearing the Audio Techinica CK-7 ear buds you never want to try another one again. I still waiting to buy mine after my hje-50's died...

i think it will be more expensive to buy in sg too, thats y i try to buy in tokyo.
and they also give me 10% point. and purchase next time with discount. ;)

afbug said:
Yup, I've been eyeing the EX90 as well. But not in SG yet. :confused:

The nude series from sony usually bass more and not so gd at mid.
but this EX90SL have a overall balance. :D

kelccm said:
If this Sony EX90 has a good bass emphasis, then it could the one I'm looking for. :D

this is how it looks like..

top_hd.jpg

this is another 1 i tested and have very good bass. but it slight less at the high range.
i back off this.. due to the price.. over 24000yen.

Superfi-UE-SF5EB_1.jpg

What's the model?

Currently using a SHURE E3C thought of going to the E5C or try another brand and model which may turn out cheaper and still can give close sound quality. :)

Anybody have any recommendations?

Weston UM1 or UM2. Would get it over the Shures. :)

I currently use a B&O A8, which is nice, but will prob get the UM1 or UM2 soon.

ztsen said:
this is how it looks like..

top_hd.jpg
Sweet. But... *looks at my current set*

My Panny earplugs are still functioning well. Unless u can teach me an accelerated method of destroying those so I can get an excuse to buy it. :bsmilie:

jsbn said:
Sweet. But... *looks at my current set*

My Panny earplugs are still functioning well. Unless u can teach me an accelerated method of destroying those so I can get an excuse to buy it. :bsmilie:

Let my little cousins have a day with it... sure destroy one, then you can buy new ones!

sykestang said:
What's the model?

Currently using a SHURE E3C thought of going to the E5C or try another brand and model which may turn out cheaper and still can give close sound quality. :)

Anybody have any recommendations?

Hi sykes,

Get the Shure E5C. You'll never regret it. I'm using one and they sounds awesome.

Unnatural destruction wun warrant a 'BBB' in my brain. I will curse and swear over it instead. :bsmilie:

How abt a more natural way? :D Like suddenly 1 side no sound, distortions aplenty, etc, etc.

jsbn said:
Unnatural destruction wun warrant a 'BBB' in my brain. I will curse and swear over it instead. :bsmilie:

How abt a more natural way? :D Like suddenly 1 side no sound, distortions aplenty, etc, etc.

That's quite easy... it's all in your head! "My laptop suddenly feels slow ah? Old already! BBB!" "My earphones... don't sound as good anymore.. buy!" At least, that's how it works for me!

Sennheiser HD215. owned one and never used a earphone ever again. but i've nothing against earphones. sometimes they're just compact and provides the sounds you really need. =)

Koelsch said:
Sennheiser HD215. owned one and never used a earphone ever again. but i've nothing against earphones. sometimes they're just compact and provides the sounds you really need. =)

That's another good piece. Music lover has to try and listen out to decide which suits them well. Each type has its "pros" and "cons"

Sennheiser HD215 and Grado SR-80 both are good.

Status
Not open for further replies.