ppcp stetige

Status
Not open for further replies.

jyuzx

Jan 28, 2008
West
Hi, thinking of getting a ppcp stetige as my travelling tripod cos it fits into my budget of around $100. Just wondering if there are any comments on this tripod, esp from those who already own one.

Thanks alot =)

Hi jyuzx,

I have one. What is your setup?

It'll probably work well holding small DSLRs with kit lenses. It's a cheap tripod and performs like one. If you are not too demanding, it'll do fine. Of course a nice traveler Gitzo setup will cost 10 times more.

BTW. MSColor had one on display the last week.

well, im just gonna use it with my d40x with kit lens + sb600 attached. dont think it will be too heavy. I'm on a student budget so im fine with any tripod as long as its light, stable, easy to set-up & manipulate, & cheap :)

Btw, is the stetige kit ballhead fine for manouevering + weight of my cam? Considering whether to purchase the cheap PBH-5 (not sure whether MSColor sells) at only $25 as well.

i've thought about this tripod before...wondering if it'll hold a d80+17-55f2.8.

I've used it beyond it's capabilities for macro. E3 + TC14 + Sigma 150mm + FL50R. I think that is equal to Nikon's D300 + TC14 + 150mm + SB800. It'll keep the kit up and pointed to the direction. But ballhead is unable to hold and lock nicely while fine tuning. Any little pressure while focusing or triggering caued the tripod to flex. Of course this is an extreme example. I don't think anybody who takes a look at the tripod will recommend it used this way.

BTW. I have it with the Stetige Pro Ballhead 7.

I won't hesitate to use it with a D40. The head might not be satisfactory for the heavy 17-55 f.28 lens. Like I said, it'll hold the gear up. But fine tuning your composition will be a little trial and error. Again, looking at the semi-disposable price. It's quite decent. I'll keep mine for travelling until I get a proper Gitzo.

wow thanks for the info! looks like I will be getting 1 from MSColor soon. Hope they have it in stock.

I didn't like it when I tried it out at MS colour. It didn't give me the confidence to put my rig on it since the legs creep up when I rest my weight on it. I went with a Benro A-157 instead which was much more studier.

Samuel

I am also giving it a close thought...

I have a D80 with MD-80 plus a 18-50 Sigma EX DC HSM Macro Lens. Its quite heavy with with the Grip and 2 batteries. Wonder whether it will hold up. How much is the Benro A-157 you mention going?

Status
Not open for further replies.