PowerShot S2, Slave Flash, Wedding shoot...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevyan

Jan 5, 2005
PR
Hi all,

just thinking whether will I look stupid if I use my S2 with a slave flash to take pictures for my friends wedding.

Not sure how the pictures will turn out with the slave flash though.

Any comments?

If you are the official. DON'T!!

If you just doing it for fun, don't see why not.

espn said:
If you are the official. DON'T!!

If you just doing it for fun, don't see why not.

:sweat: heehee.... No lah.... I'm not the official one, the official one is another friend of ours.

I am just shooting for fun and to test out my S2, and of course, to improve my skills.

ortega said:
your slave flash might just screw up the official photog exposure

Oops... okay, then I will just use the built-in flash.... okay....? :sweat:
Or I should not even use flash at all?

kevyan said:
Oops... okay, then I will just use the built-in flash.... okay....? :sweat:
Or I should not even use flash at all?
What ortega meant is that if you use slave flash, the photographer's flash will trigger it when he fires off, that's double the flash power (or consider so).

You can use flash, but don't use a slave flash, :)

espn said:
What ortega meant is that if you use slave flash, the photographer's flash will trigger it when he fires off, that's double the flash power (or consider so).

You can use flash, but don't use a slave flash, :)

Oh... I see... okay, thank you all for the advise. I have learned something new once again. Thank you.

You don't have to follow what the official photog takes. Shoot something different. :bsmilie:
If you want to learn something from the official photog, observe what he takes, while u can
keep your camera, or fire your shots later.

kevyan said:
...just thinking whether will I look stupid if I use my S2 with a slave flash to take pictures for my friends wedding...

Nothing to comment on shooting during weddings in particular (me also trying to acquire as much head knowledge as possible before attempting practical), but for this particular statement...

...you will look stupid only when you think you look stupid...:)

because I felt the same way when I bring my DSLR around for causal outings and I'm the only one with such 'heavy' equipment. Felt really out of place. If you are confident--knowing what you are doing--then there should be no reason really to feel "stupid".

Anyway, don't be too conscious about what equipment you are using; just have fun trying and exploring! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.