powerful flash for fz20?

Status
Not open for further replies.

glyuen

Feb 8, 2004
Jurong West
hi all, anyone knows which is the most powerful flash u can use on the fz20 that has the auto mode? powerful as in GN>105.

105 is in feet.

Metz 70MZ5 (http://www.metz.de/en/photo_electronics/mecablitz_70_mz5.163.html) is one of the most powerful flash (GN70m) that you could buy that has auto modes. It costs more than the FZ20.

Nikon flashes (SB24,SB25,SB26,SB28,SB28DX,SB80DX,SB800) all have GN >=50m and feature auto modes. A second hand one might be the best value for money spent (especially SB28, 28DX or 80DX which are quite compact as well).

Other cheaper choices with GN>105feet and automodes:
Vivitar 285HV (GN120 feet) - which can tilt up and down but can't swivel sideways.
Metz 32Z1 (GN37m)

does canon 550EZ has auto mode?

how to tell if a flash has auto mode? they don't normally state in their specs...

i have a budget of $200

btw, you could check out the following thread which has some discussion on auto flash: http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=18696&highlight=flash

The Fujifilm S602Z has a standard hotshoe with a centre trigger contact just like the FZ20. I used to use Metz 32Z1, Nikon SB24 and Nikon SB80DX at one time or another on the S602Z.

i'm currently using a vivitar 728AFC for my eos film camera does it have auto mode? i went to vivitar website but din get any useful info out of it...

after looking at the link i seem to be more confused...haha..i catch no ball...

what to look out for? the manual is only a small sheet of paper...

How much will a good flash cost?

Any best recommendation? I unsure of every flash :)

Thanks ppl!

josho said:
How much will a good flash cost?

Any best recommendation? I unsure of every flash :)

Thanks ppl!

Wah so fast into flash photography!
I haven't taken any shot with flash yet. Not even built-in flash!!!

glyuen said:
does canon 550EZ has auto mode?

how to tell if a flash has auto mode? they don't normally state in their specs...

i have a budget of $200

can buy panasonic flash liao.
mine cost $200 from Cathy Photo.

you can try the oem digital flash which i use for my fuji s602z. the brand is emoblitz with guide number of 28m (50mm). got it fm ap.

Anyone hear about this brand of flash?
I went to MS AMK today, and he recommended me for use with FZ20.
Quoted $50.

What do you all think?
Any people know if there is any review for this?

tkp77 said:
Anyone hear about this brand of flash?
I went to MS AMK today, and he recommended me for use with FZ20.
Quoted $50.

What do you all think?
Any people know if there is any review for this?

What is the model that they quoted you? Beware of the trigger voltage, 'cos you do not want to bbq your cam.

You can find a lot more information on the topic "External Flash trigger voltage - reply from Suntax". There were a lot of good discussion back then. ;)

JimDavis said:
What is the model that they quoted you? Beware of the trigger voltage, 'cos you do not want to bbq your cam.

You can find a lot more information on the topic "External Flash trigger voltage - reply from Suntax". There were a lot of good discussion back then. ;)

Thanks for the info.... Thats why I like this forum, the people here are so quick and helpful...

"Long Life ClubSNAP"....

Status
Not open for further replies.