powered pleasure craft driving licence

Status
Not open for further replies.

simon80

Deregistered
Oct 8, 2004
Anyone hv the licence or planning to take one?
I am quite keen on it ..

Rgds

planning to get one next yr june. and erm... tip for u. passing rate for PPCDL, 20%.... top killer is the theory and the simulator. most pple die there...

the theory is definately a killer....

the theory and simulator will be taken at SP. thats when i want to signed up from SAFYC...

glennyong said:
planning to get one next yr june. and erm... tip for u. passing rate for PPCDL, 20%.... top killer is the theory and the simulator. most pple die there...

the theory is definately a killer....

the theory and simulator will be taken at SP. thats when i want to signed up from SAFYC...

Not true... Theory I pass in 1 sitting. Same as driving. Not more than 4 mistakes. If you study, can pass. There are no trick questions. The difficult ones are the ones asking for the number of lights on different length boats at night.

Also, know the landmarks in SG and MAS that can be seen from the sea. They will ask, if not in the theory paper then during the practical test.

SAFYC has very good instructors, most ex-navy.

yeah. most of them are Ex-navy men, i think for adults its easier... students like us find the paper rather abit too difficult.

even for me who have studied sea navigation and theories of the sea, when i see their theory book i fainted.... :bsmilie:

nvm.. i retake next year...

jamestan said:
Not true... Theory I pass in 1 sitting. Same as driving. Not more than 4 mistakes. If you study, can pass. There are no trick questions. The difficult ones are the ones asking for the number of lights on different length boats at night.

Also, know the landmarks in SG and MAS that can be seen from the sea. They will ask, if not in the theory paper then during the practical test.

SAFYC has very good instructors, most ex-navy.

i am more afraid of the theory test... my friend same like me, was a BOATMAN.. he do his theory like 4 times..

would perform more better at practical...

k3nn3th03 said:
i am more afraid of the theory test... my friend same like me, was a BOATMAN.. he do his theory like 4 times..

would perform more better at practical...

hahaahh! now someone gets the picture.. the theory was a killer.... same for me.. died at the theory... :bsmilie:

took the test eon ago and it has been a true white elephant. Thank goodness it's lifetime warranty, ie, no need to renew licence.

Eric

I got my PPCDL in 2003. If you need more info about the PPCDL course/test or the contact details of my instructor, you're most welcome to PM me.

Got my license in 1999 cuz back then i needed to drive school boats for sea expedition . What i did was to sign up PA Sports Club as a member and get a discounted rate for the PPCDL course at Changi (2 theory & 1 practical lesson if im not wrong). Theory test is $20 and must score at least 36/40. Practical test is $50. But then again this was in 1999. :)

Sausage said:
What's the cost of taking this test like?

I think is $300+ if u manage to pass everything once

Theory need to get 26 out of 30.

I think practical not more than 10 points to pass. Major mistake would be to knock to jetty when berthing. This warrants instant failure. :bigeyes:

Btw, I passed both 1st attempt. ;p So, just be diligent... if anyone needs help with theory can try US Coast Guard. They have ten year series questions for Rules of the Road.

If you're a teacher, MOE pays for you. ;p

after i get y driving licence, this licence shall be next. ;p
Actually had been thinking of getting the licence since I was 16, but never go about doing so, cos I was waiting to get at least a 1-star in kayaking first.

lil_princess said:
after i get y driving licence, this licence shall be next. ;p
Actually had been thinking of getting the licence since I was 16, but never go about doing so, cos I was waiting to get at least a 1-star in kayaking first.

now dun really need 1-star kayaking thou... haha.. some uniformed groups require 1-star as a benchmark. i dunno why...

lil princess after PPCDL den take Private jet's licence ? all three elements of licence u haf liao... hahahaa...

so next time happens if i lose my job, i can be a taxi driver, a boatman/ instructor or a private jet instructor... :bsmilie: wah... so many possiblitiees... but i cant take private jet licence since i am bespectacled... =.=!

glennyong said:
now dun really need 1-star kayaking thou... haha.. some uniformed groups require 1-star as a benchmark. i dunno why...

lil princess after PPCDL den take Private jet's licence ? all three elements of licence u haf liao... hahahaa...

so next time happens if i lose my job, i can be a taxi driver, a boatman/ instructor or a private jet instructor... :bsmilie: wah... so many possiblitiees... but i cant take private jet licence since i am bespectacled... =.=!

Private Jet Licence ??

have meh ??? :think:

k3nn3th03 said:
Private Jet Licence ??

have meh ??? :think:

flight school.... youth flying club i think, or go Aus. to take.... ncc does offer private jet's licence course to cadet officers and teacher officers alike... :)

Private Pilot License u mean?

There are currently 2 clubs in Singapore that offers PPL. YFC & Singapore Flying Club.

YFC caters to those below the age of 18. In fact some fighter pilots in RSAF comes frm YFC scholarship programme. But I guess lil'princess is older den 18, so her next alternative is SFC.

Do take note that the full cost of taking a PPL frm theory to practical is approximately $20K to $25K. SFC's website does have a breakdown chart to show u how much it'll take to get u a PPL.

whoa... 20k... that is like 2 600 f/4s.... ok.. no more PPL for me.. better stick to my PPCDL... :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.