Power!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyo

Apr 15, 2006
i have read some threads n realised that u guys r power man..
toking about all parts of camera, what lens ah, how to change, etc

mi just entered this world, only interested to get 1 nice n cheap digital cam will do liao.. haha
digital cam type cannot change parts right?
seem like u guys r pros ^.^

it depends on what type of digital camera u are refering to.
for DSLR, yes, u can change the lens etc...

kyo said:

mi just entered this world, only interested to get 1 nice n cheap digital cam will do liao.. haha

Even with expensive DSLRs, that doesn't make the person pro...I do agree with you,when everyone talks about all the jargon and lenses,makes you feel like getting a DSLR(Thats what happened to me) So,don't hurry...resist the temptation,or BBB will come to you...

PnS(Point and shoot) cameras can also produce good results,but if you are getting one,get one with manual controls that you can play around with,and when you are ready,you can get a prosumer or DSLR/SLR .

It happens when you keep trying all sorts of photography. I also started with a point and shoot, then got tired of the limitations.

That's when I started trying to use SLRs, started on a F60, played with the functions and burnt quite a few rolls of film in the process, but didn't really get off the ground on the full manual controls. Then slowly, I tried to get the hang of partial controls (mostly in Aperture priority mode) After many rolls, I asked myself if I wanted to try more.

That's when I discovered my office had a DSLR to spare and it was my training tool, where I could play around more in discovering effects, and how certain shots would turn out if I tried it in different controls. And for now, I am certain that lenses do play a strong part in how shots can turn out. Certain lens are definitely only meant for simple shots (not the money ones), they can't deliver the sharpness, no matter how well I aim or even when I am using tripods.

Which means, more BBB sooner or later... haiz!

It's all in the person on how your perspective of photography is and not your equipment.

Snoweagle said:
It's all in the person on how your perspective of photography is and not your equipment.

Eh, I dun think a PnS can deliver good bokeh or portraitures... They are good for snapshots, but there are major limitations to them. Like macro, or other forms...

zac08 said:
Eh, I dun think a PnS can deliver good bokeh or portraitures... They are good for snapshots, but there are major limitations to them. Like macro, or other forms...

I've done 2 models shoots entirely on my PnS, of cos with some filters and produce relatively good results. Of cos also, PnS cams have bad bokeh due to the tiny sensors, therefore their DOFs are very large.

PnS cams as u said are good for the general snapshots which i strongly agree. But i've a friend who uses a PnS cam and produced very stunning pics! :)

Good day and welcome. A humorous post indeed. Don't always trust the person who 'talks' or posts the most. It's the quality of the replies that counts. Expensive equipement may provide greater flexibility but it doesn't define a 'pro'.

It's not possible to literally change lenses with compact digital cameras, although you can add on accessories like teleconverters and wide converters. But with digital SLRs (arguably also broadly considered a digital camera), it's possible to genuinely change lenses.

Anyway, I don't know much...will leave it to the others to fill you in.

The only lens u can change on a compact are conversion lens and not all have it.

power rangers

it's morphin' time!! go go power rangersss... mighty morphin' power rangerrrrrrsss errsss..

Haha Power to you Kyo and all the peeps here in CS..:D

kyo said:

Status
Not open for further replies.