power of the handphone camera....

Status
Not open for further replies.

erictan8888

Nov 9, 2004
Singapore
hi,

just like to share: saw at century square the samsung service centre....
the innova8 EIGHT mp camera phone...
the photo output is amazing.....
they put the photo print output (i think it is 5R) size...
very nice and full of details, something you would not expect of a hp camera.
( but not sure how much editing is done)

it gives the impression that it is comparable to mid range digicam....
anyone considering the purchase of a HP can consider...
i was really impressed.....

You probably haven't considered noise in low light. =) The VERY tiny sensor and its limitations...

The output print is a little deceptive and usually marketing tactics. I'm sure 1.7k posts here you should know more or less what it means =)

I don't think HP should be bought based on the camera functions.

hi,

I feel eventually compact camera will be replaced by Phone camera and DSLR pricing is also quite affordable these days costing 600 to 1k for a body and kit.

DSLR earns most from accessories and lens right?

I find my Apple 2G phone takes decent photos under right lightening conditions. Sometimes with a camera phone u can snap photos of people without pressure on their side. if u carry a DSLR...people would like what u trying to take photo?? lol.

Last edited:
I find my Apple 2G phone takes decent photos under right lightening conditions. Sometimes with a camera phone u can snap photos of people without pressure on their side. if u carry a DSLR...people would like what u trying to take photo?? lol.

I believe this is controversial. I have been more comfortable doing candids with a sizeable dSLR, vs a prosumer compact. I'm sure if you use a mobile, although it is a little stealthier, if anyone spots you, the suspicion levels are much higher.

But if you speak about results and price point, there should be no reason to go for a mobile phone with a good camera.

hi,

You haven't scrutinized the prints I guess.. I scrutinized some and there's quite a bit of patchy chroma noise in the low light shots. But I would say that the shots are otherwise useable... I would think they are comparable to cheap PnS.

Last edited:
I've never been happy with the picture quality from the camera phones and now i've even dump the cam & went with a non camera phone.

you can't adjust many settings on your handphone camera. a handphone camera is one of the kind of cameras whereby you use to post onto STOMP one. :p

hp cam is definitely good for candid and zi pai.

I often use it sia.. :bsmilie:

but at 8mp hmm....:think:

How good can a handphone camera be when 8MP is cramped into such a small sensor? Any idea how big the sensor size is? That is for low light of couse.

For shots in good lighting, I believe they are comparable to current compacts quality?

Status
Not open for further replies.