Power of Gaffered

Status
Not open for further replies.
er? from what i know. to prevent wear and tear =). maybe a better grip for some. and it's a way to change the way your dslr looks =P

haha I'll be indulgent today...

Gaffer's tape is "high end masking tape". Its cloth backed, adheres well but does not leave a sticky residue when removed, unlike the black electrical tape (which holds a certain armed forces together :bsmilie: )

Some people tape it to their camera bodies cos they like the grip it provides... its really a personal preference. It also helps to "cushion" the body from scratches and knocks.

It also a way to zhng your lens... you know with the camo gaffer tape on the 70-200 etc.

solarii said:
It also a way to zhng your lens... you know with the camo gaffer tape on the 70-200 etc.

I like this one... mebbe I'll go ask Johnny to zhng my lenses also.... hahaha...

add blue light, mugen stickers (mebbe it can help it go faster) :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

anyone knows how long do they actually last?

solarii said:
haha I'll be indulgent today...

Gaffer's tape is "high end masking tape". Its cloth backed, adheres well but does not leave a sticky residue when removed, unlike the black electrical tape (which holds a certain armed forces together :bsmilie: )

Some people tape it to their camera bodies cos they like the grip it provides... its really a personal preference. It also helps to "cushion" the body from scratches and knocks.

Seeing some of the amazing gaffer jobs here...CS should hold an annual "Best Gaffered camera equipment" contest. :bsmilie:

zac08 said:
I like this one... mebbe I'll go ask Johnny to zhng my lenses also.... hahaha...

add blue light, mugen stickers (mebbe it can help it go faster) :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

hahahaha! but i think johnny closed shop or something? haven't heard about it for quite some time already! :bsmilie:

jus wondering how different is the gaffer tape different from the cloth tape we can buy off the shelf?

thanks...

drumma said:
hahahaha! but i think johnny closed shop or something? haven't heard about it for quite some time already! :bsmilie:

Dun think so, there was a part 9 to it... go check it out.

Btw, the ones from the MO are either Black or White. Any other colours available?? :dunno:

Plenty of coloured gaffer tapes here (the brand that caturn brings in)...
http://www.internetapollo.com/products/productlinememberview.aspx?pl_id=17

aptap-gaf-blu-s.gif
aptap-gaf-nor-s.gif
aptap-gaf-nye-s.gif
aptap-gaf-red-s.gif

Pity he doesn't bring them in for the MOs... :D

Is it possible to buy Gaffer tape in Singapore? I'm looking for black gaffer.
I tried cathay and TCW but they don't carry any.:dunno:

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.