Power of Gaffered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koelsch

Jan 5, 2006
The Land of the Teddy Bear
er? from what i know. to prevent wear and tear =). maybe a better grip for some. and it's a way to change the way your dslr looks =P

solarii

Oct 20, 2005
Bt. Timah
haha I'll be indulgent today...

Gaffer's tape is "high end masking tape". Its cloth backed, adheres well but does not leave a sticky residue when removed, unlike the black electrical tape (which holds a certain armed forces together :bsmilie: )

Some people tape it to their camera bodies cos they like the grip it provides... its really a personal preference. It also helps to "cushion" the body from scratches and knocks.

It also a way to zhng your lens... you know with the camo gaffer tape on the 70-200 etc.

zac08

Feb 21, 2005
East
solarii said:
It also a way to zhng your lens... you know with the camo gaffer tape on the 70-200 etc.
I like this one... mebbe I'll go ask Johnny to zhng my lenses also.... hahaha...

add blue light, mugen stickers (mebbe it can help it go faster) :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Garion

Nov 26, 2002
West side of S'pore
Visit site
solarii said:
haha I'll be indulgent today...

Gaffer's tape is "high end masking tape". Its cloth backed, adheres well but does not leave a sticky residue when removed, unlike the black electrical tape (which holds a certain armed forces together :bsmilie: )

Some people tape it to their camera bodies cos they like the grip it provides... its really a personal preference. It also helps to "cushion" the body from scratches and knocks.

Seeing some of the amazing gaffer jobs here...CS should hold an annual "Best Gaffered camera equipment" contest. :bsmilie:

drumma

Jan 5, 2005
Oulu, Finland, Finland
www.wongliji.com
zac08 said:
I like this one... mebbe I'll go ask Johnny to zhng my lenses also.... hahaha...

add blue light, mugen stickers (mebbe it can help it go faster) :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

hahahaha! but i think johnny closed shop or something? haven't heard about it for quite some time already! :bsmilie:

EdOkH

Dec 20, 2004
Tam Pines
jus wondering how different is the gaffer tape different from the cloth tape we can buy off the shelf?

thanks...

zac08

Feb 21, 2005
East
drumma said:
hahahaha! but i think johnny closed shop or something? haven't heard about it for quite some time already! :bsmilie:
Dun think so, there was a part 9 to it... go check it out.

Btw, the ones from the MO are either Black or White. Any other colours available?? :dunno:

shobey

Apr 3, 2006
Is it possible to buy Gaffer tape in Singapore? I'm looking for black gaffer.
I tried cathay and TCW but they don't carry any.:dunno:

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom