Power cable Plug Configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

weary

I am thinking of buying a S45 from Singapore and taking it back to Australia. Can anyone please tell me what sort of power plug it has. ie what is the configuration of the pins.? Are they unique to Singapore? Will I need a special adaptor to plug it into an Australian power point?

Thanks

weary

if i not wrong, australia uses this weird tilted flat pin configuration. just imagine a std flat pin config (just like the ones that Eastgear sells on his ripvans, then tilt the pint until its like a V shape:

| |

to

\ /

that pretty much give u what it looks like. and u prob need the adaptor

both Oz and sg uses the same voltage ratings, 220-240. You will only need to get a convertor to use it in Oz, the convertor can be found in most hardware DIY shops.

The oz's 3-pin socket should look something like this IIRC.

|
\ /

Thanks for that information. I wasn't sure I could get that plug in OZ.

have a look here for a pic of the Australian 2 and 3 pin plugs

jimmy...

Originally posted by mysteriousjimmy
have a look here for a pic of the Australian 2 and 3 pin plugs

jimmy...

I know what the Australian plugs look like jimmy. I was interested in the look of the Singapore plugs.

weary

3 pin
|
- -

2 pin
. .

you would definitely need a converter or u could take off the plug head and attach it with an aust plug head

Originally posted by weary
I am thinking of buying a S45 from Singapore and taking it back to Australia. Can anyone please tell me what sort of power plug it has. ie what is the configuration of the pins.? Are they unique to Singapore? Will I need a special adaptor to plug it into an Australian power point?

Thanks

weary
You can get universal adapter from Dick Smith or Travel SHop...

Status
Not open for further replies.