Status
Not open for further replies.

sampan

Oct 31, 2007
Hillview
this is taken at a friend's wedding.

Details: 40D, Canon 50mm F1.8, 1/125, F1.8, ISO1600

Questions:
Have I frame this too tight? would it be better if i moved 1-2 steps back? or is it better to be so tight for this shot?
if i had used a slower shutter speed to 1/60, the flow of champagne would appear silky? with the lens I was using, I could not reduce the shutter speed, unless i up the ISO to 3200; but i dun really like the noise.

Any other C&C very much appreciated. Thank you.

KS_C_10.JPG

Where were you focusing??

The hand is blur, the bottle is blur.... the top glass looks blur too... :dunno:

Mebbe if you caught the couples hands in sharp focus, the rest of it is ok if it's a lil blur, but as it is.... :sweat: Not a good image IMO.

were u trying to focus on the champagne flowing down the glasses? or the couple's hands as they poured the champagne? in my point of view, composition could be tighter actually.. the subject/focus wasn't clear. :think:

Thank you for the comments.

Regarding focusing, I was using centre focus point: aim & focus (at top glass), then compose and shoot. But it turns our OF.

I have similar foucsing error with a few other pic taken the same evening. I should be more careful with this lens at especially at f1.8, the DOF may be too shallow for me to 'any-how' compose. Or maybe I should have used a smaller apeature to allow more DOF.

Other than fousing problem, your suggestions are I should either include the hands, or make it more tight to show only the bottle and top glass perhaps?

Hmmm, as it is, it is neither here nor there. Thanks for pointing out.

Thank you for the comments.

Regarding focusing, I was using centre focus point: aim & focus (at top glass), then compose and shoot. But it turns our OF.

I have similar foucsing error with a few other pic taken the same evening. I should be more careful with this lens at especially at f1.8, the DOF may be too shallow for me to 'any-how' compose. Or maybe I should have used a smaller apeature to allow more DOF.

Other than fousing problem, your suggestions are I should either include the hands, or make it more tight to show only the bottle and top glass perhaps?

Hmmm, as it is, it is neither here nor there. Thanks for pointing out.

You can shoot with f1.8, but it's pretty thin DOF, so have to be very sure. Well, try harder. Else use flash to help freeze it at f2.8 or f4....

Status
Not open for further replies.