Potraits of my baby (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wkcheah

Dec 24, 2003
Haig Road, Singapore
Got a few latest shots of my baby daughter to share. She is now 3 weeks old ... :)
(Pardon the low quality as these were resized using MS Photo Editor...)

A mischievious grin (2 weeks old)
2-wks-old-001.jpg

A friendly smile (2 weeks old)
2-wks-old-003.jpg

Prelude to a yawn (2 weeks old)
2-wks-old-002.jpg

Stare (3 weeks old)
3-wks-old-001.jpg

Double happiness (3 weeks old)
3-wks-old-002.jpg

Suggestions on how I can improve the composition or technique on infant potraits are more than welcomed.

-WK

wat a sweet lil baby girl!! :heart:

Sweet girl! Looks like the mummy, huh?

You can try taking some "arty" shots of her when she is sleeping too ... got some samples of my son if you are interested ...

Dude, first, congrats on your newborn, she's VERY CUUUUUUUUUTE!!! :lovegrin:

Anyway, you might want to take a look here,

http://www.pbase.com/circle

I have been following this guy's photos of his niece/s for the past (nearly) 2 years and he always amazes me, just thought you, and maybe others viewing this thread, might be interested. :D

Waffle said:
Dude, first, congrats on your newborn, she's VERY CUUUUUUUUUTE!!! :lovegrin:

Anyway, you might want to take a look here,

http://www.pbase.com/circle

I have been following this guy's photos of his niece/s for the past (nearly) 2 years and he always amazes me, just thought you, and maybe others viewing this thread, might be interested. :D

Thanks, great pictures. I noticed his method of going very low to the child's eye level. I particularly like the zooming in on baby's feet and hands when she's asleep. I've taken hundred of shots in the past 3 weeks... this is a good inspiration for me to break out into some new composition. :)

KNIGHT ONG said:
congrats .... 1 more week to full month ... :vhappy:

Thanks. :) Yes, first month's akan datang.
Just measured her last night and happy she had grown 7cm taller since birth... :cheergal:

Hi! Heartiest congratsto you. She is so adorable! You must be very happy now!!!

Measuring her height huh? How to? What a tough job.... :dunno:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

sumball said:
Measuring her height huh? How to? What a tough job.... :dunno:

OT a bit here... You know, after birth, in the hospital, the nurses actually hold her upside down by her legs and measure the length. Daddy couldn't bear to see... :cry:

At home, of course, daddy doesn't have the heart to be that cruel... so, when I change her diapers and she quietly keep still for me to do that, I take advantage of that moment to straighten her legs and use a measuring tape to measure her from head to toes... :D not really that difficult.

The more difficult measure is weight. Very tough to get a precise reading.

needless to say.. cute... :thumbsup:

Good shots!!

There is an easy technique to find out baby weight.
1) Weigh yourself
2) Weigh yourself + baby
3) Take the difference!

otakku9 said:
There is an easy technique to find out baby weight.
1) Weigh yourself
2) Weigh yourself + baby
3) Take the difference!

Yes, agree. :)

But i got a lousy weight machine back home... sometimes i get 3.7kg, sometimes 4.3kg, and the delta between each measurement is varying... either she is growing and shrinking a lot or the weigh machine is playing tricks on me... ha ha ha :bsmilie:

Hi ! Congrats to your new born baby.
Just a word of advise, avoid using flash directly at baby eyes during the initial days cause might "damage" the eyes

Happy fathering !

Mission said:
Hi ! Congrats to your new born baby.
Just a word of advise, avoid using flash directly at baby eyes during the initial days cause might "damage" the eyes

Happy fathering !

Thanks. I'm aware of that.

In fact, I did not use any flash at all. All of the above shots you see are using natural lighting, and where that's not sufficient, i pushed it all the way up to ISO1600. Beauty of D70 is the acceptably low level of noise even at that ISO.

Status
Not open for further replies.