Potential issue with new D3 firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooops.. i just updated the firmware. I hope Nikon has an answer for this

i tested several bursts of 15+ frames each last night. so far so good :sweat:

then again...i hardly fire bursts in actual shoots so unlikely i will see this often ;p

I tested 4x brusts of 9 FPS (setting AF-S, RAW 14 BIT)
the results...
from the 1st burst = OK (none of the photos is corrupted)
2nd burst = OK
3rd burst = 1 photo is corrupted :(
4th burst = OK
I guess everyone who updated this new firmwire on their D3 is suffered from this bug.
http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/content_page.asp?cid=7-9309-9408
At first i thought that I was OK... until i tried for 4 times bursts shot :)
Why dont u guys tried it :D
and see the results
I really want to know about it
Thx

Andree

i ended up with 230+ shots leh...thats like 15 bursts. no problem so far.

my settings - 14-bit nef lossless compressed + fine jpeg on single card, 9fps, both af-s and af-c. tested using ducati 8gig, extreme IV 8gig, transcend 120x 4gig and lexar 80x 2gig.

Wow...!!! u are so lucky!
i will try my D3 again tonite
here is the corrupted file that i got from this morning test
D3filerusakinternet.jpg

Andree

Wow...!!! u are so lucky!
i will try my D3 again tonite
here is the corrupted file that i got from this morning test

Andree

i wont say lucky lah...just that i have not hit the problem. but i'm done with my testing...200+ shots :sweat: i hope nikon can fix this fast and release a new firmware soon.

i ended up with 230+ shots leh...thats like 15 bursts. no problem so far.

my settings - 14-bit nef lossless compressed + fine jpeg on single card, 9fps, both af-s and af-c. tested using ducati 8gig, extreme IV 8gig, transcend 120x 4gig and lexar 80x 2gig.

You shoot RAW file or tiff file? :think:

i oso have the problem... luckily nowaday i seldom do burst shoot... :cool:

hey guys,

I've updated the firmware. And when I tried to use the 'lock mirror up for cleaning'. i cant go to that function coz its turned grey! Anyone of you guys got the same issues?

Oh And I also got this new 'dust off ref photo function'. But its grey so i also dont know how to use it.

Kindly advise.

regards

TT

hey guys,

I've updated the firmware. And when I tried to use the 'lock mirror up for cleaning'. i cant go to that function coz its turned grey! Anyone of you guys got the same issues?

Oh And I also got this new 'dust off ref photo function'. But its grey so i also dont know how to use it.

Kindly advise.

regards

TT

for the mirror lockup...is your battery fully charged?

for the mirror lockup...is your battery fully charged?

my bad... i forgot abt that. Thanks

If it isn't your battery, then the next thing to check is whether you camera is connected to your computer via the USB cable. That blocks the mirror lockup function too.

Check to see if you've got a CF card in your camera and that it isn't full. To take a dust reference photo, you'll need to have a CF card in your camera with some space.

_

new fix is here :lovegrin: :devil:
http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/content_page.asp?cid=7-9309-9418

# A "Vignette Control" item has been added to the "Shooting Menu".
Nikon has also removed all references to a 24.4MP D3X in the new B v1.11 firmware. As widely reported on the Web, the earlier B v1.10 contained numerous hints that a higher-resolution counterpart to the D3 is on its way.

Kudos to Nikon for releasing a revised firmware so quickly. :thumbsup:

Kudos to Nikon for releasing a revised firmware so quickly. :thumbsup:

D3 is a pro series cam, i expect them to release firmware in less than 1 day, in essence, nikon is too slow

Status
Not open for further replies.