Poster Sized Picture Needed.. Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poledra

Sep 7, 2002
Near the Clouds
Visit site
I need to take a picture of a male's hairy legs wearing my heels.. for a school project.
but his legs not that hairy.. Not as much as I like anyway. :D

So, questions:
1. How to make a guy's leg up so it looks good and at the same time making his legs look more hairy than usual? Is a pedicure advisable?

2. What lightings should I employ to make the leg more obvious and to make it look good? Should I go to a studio? Or are natural surroundings with plain wall good enough?

3. Where do you guys recommend to print the final product into a poster? I'm looking at the size of posters around town which announce a new drama in town.

4. How much is the poster going to cost? Is the format required by the shop in .jpg or photoshop format or any other format?

Thank you all in advance for your help! :)

Poledra said:
I need to take a picture of a male's hairy legs wearing my heels.. for a school project.
but his legs not that hairy.. Not as much as I like anyway. :D

So, questions:
1. How to make a guy's leg up so it looks good and at the same time making his legs look more hairy than usual? Is a pedicure advisable?

2. What lightings should I employ to make the leg more obvious and to make it look good? Should I go to a studio? Or are natural surroundings with plain wall good enough?

3. Where do you guys recommend to print the final product into a poster? I'm looking at the size of posters around town which announce a new drama in town.

4. How much is the poster going to cost? Is the format required by the shop in .jpg or photoshop format or any other format?

Thank you all in advance for your help! :)

1) Find a model WITH hairy legs then... you are taking his legs only..... so any good looking hairy legs can stand-in. Dun waste time thinking of ways to make it more hairy unless you want to go purchase those SPRAY-ON hair @ joke shops)

Remember, a good shoot starts with finding a good model then a good setup, a good stylist...etc

2) Depends on what you want to protray and your budget. Your poster is about what? Does it requires you to shoot in a controlled environment? If yes, then go to a studio.
Studio - it's really up to your creativity but if you really want to shoot hairy legs a few suggestions are :

a) Shoot MACRO with either wrap-around lighting or 1 source lighting (to give profile)
b) Shoot just the legs from slightly above knee to feet with suitable background (not black unless intended). No need to pose. A straight fwd shoot-the-legs
c) If it's artistic (ie: protrayal of a closet transvestite which I think you are heading towards if he's wearing your heels) - you can have the leg in caberet style sticking out behind a prop or closet door. Lighting from topdown or full front.

Outdoor -

Environmental usage of beds or adnormalities amongst the normal makes good eye-catching pieces. Like a row of 5 or 6 men's legs (hairy of coz) and all wearing shoes except for your male cast wearing heels. The rest of the creativity is up to you :)

3) Go source for pricing 1st. Bras Basah ctr/ Sunshine Plaza...etc are some places you can go to for reference. A normal A1 or A0 size will cost anything from $45 up (check if you want outdoor lamination...etc). PM me for more details.

4) JPEG is not very acceptable for large prints (suggested is either original PSD format (Photoshop) file or TIFF format file for lossless quality @ 300dpi or higher dpi) but some shops will still accept JPEG but dun hope on a good blow up though.

Okies.... hope this info is good enuf to get you started!

heh heh ;)

on the pedicure issue....sure....u dun want a model wif like corn on his feet and uncut nails rite..

I'm curious. From a quick web search, A0 format is 84x118. At 300dpi, that translates to about 9921 x 13937 pixels. Is that correct?

If that's correct, could this amount of pixels be pulled from 35mm film?

Thanks!

Alvin

EDIT: Corrected my calculations. Evidently the original was for the maximum paper size of a plotter.

Thank you, Ron.. For your most useful pointers... :)

I'll keep them in mind when I try to shoot the model. (and I have no intention to change the model since it's rare to find a male with my shoe size)
But I don't really know what the school studio offers and if I can understand your lighting directions.

I'll hit back here soon... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.