Poster Size Photographs

Status
Not open for further replies.

uncleparty

Mar 15, 2005
Singapore
Hello guys... a little help here pls. :)

if i need to take a picture which is about the size of the busstop ad (roughly the size of those rotating ones), any idea what is the best method to do so? the picture will be viewed as close as half a meter away, so considerable amounts of pixelation is a nono.

my current gear is only a d70 (6mp) and cp8800 (8mp), so resolution wise, both definately won't make the cut.

i heard its possible to shoot in raw, and send it to some shops, which are able to do *something* to enlarge it? i'm very vague about this, and im not even sure what that something is called.

what's my best solution do you think?

You need medium format cameras.

Although you can try the extrapolation resizing/enlargement, not too sure how the final results will be.

Depending on the subject you are shooting, another way to get more resolution is to stitch multiple shots.

Use PS to increase it size to at least 300 dpi by the size of the bus-stop ads.

I can extra-polate for you... :) for a fee of course. Let me know. :)

ahh yes, i think that's what its called. i'll try the ps method and see if the results im getting is great enough, else i'll have to seek the help of you guys again. :)

one method i learnt from another member for extrapolating an image for print, in Photoshop, increase size of image by steps of 105% to 110% to required size. apply 'USM' and then apply 'Fade USM.' works well for high quality images

Status
Not open for further replies.