Post your 'Before' & 'After' Post Processing pictures

nice work mabmy!

but how come u dun shoot at wide open instead of using PP to blur the background?

:bigeyes:

What were the adjustment made? Seems like quite alot of effort was put into pp.

Not really. Just usual LR adjustments. No adjustment brush, no graduated filter. The key things I find myself always applying for such shots are:
- Temperature adjustment to reduce the blue cast
- Maximize contrast and clarity (such histograms are usually all bunched up, that's why shoot RAW is better as more headroom to adjust and spread out)
- For tone curve, might need to make some adjustments (highlights and shadows) to further stretch out the contrast. Use the histogram as a guide.
- The magic lies in the blue luminance slider here. As you decrease the amount, you can actually see distant details (mountains, roads, rivers, etc) that were previously shrouded starts to peek out. Appropriate adjustments gives the picture more depth.

Other then that, the usual sharpen, noise reduction, lens correction and crop & straighten.

I'm no expert but I find such aerial shots respond very well to basic PP'ing (as in having the potential for most improvements) compared to other forms of general photography. The shot above was one of those that did particularly well and which I like. Still experimenting...
:)

Last edited:
Here's some of my before and after pp. :)

Before..............................................................................After................................................................................
DSC05637B.jpg
DSC05637-1.jpg

Before..............................................................................After................................................................................
DSC06060B.jpg
DSC06060.jpg

Last edited:
I did some blog posts on "before and after" a while back.
here's some images to share

4746521350_80eb89e1da_o.jpg

Argh this is awesome! Love how you used the corners of the frame to anchor your shot. Personally, I like both versions. Nice touch in editing out the distracting reflection at the centre.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
nice work mabmy!

but how come u dun shoot at wide open instead of using PP to blur the background?

Well i was shooting this at wide open. Was using the ZD 50-200 at 50mm f2.8. Should have zoomed in from a distance instead. :)

One of the my most post-processed photo :bsmilie:

Before
DSC_1862.jpg

After
DSC_1862-2.jpg

My humble PP..

Before:

After:

This is super awesome! I have tried this before with a less desirable model but instead of brad pitt i got armpit instead! :bsmilie:

This is super awesome! I have tried this before with a less desirable model but instead of brad pitt i got armpit instead! :bsmilie:

I used the PS action called "Pig to Pitt" from the Handsome Man Action set. Good buy!:bsmilie:

One of the my most post-processed photo :bsmilie:

Before
DSC_1862.jpg

After
DSC_1862-2.jpg

I actually like the "before" shot more as there's alot greater details in that one.
Your processed one sacrificed alot of details for the contrast, which looks fantastic, but try to bring out the details in the foreground more, if not it doesn't make sense to have a big patch of black below.