Post for the sake of posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poon

Apr 2, 2003
Visit site
Just realized i am considered a forum lurker when i saw this msg appearing at the top.

Hi Poon! It appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, so why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in conversation with other members in our forums? "

Its getting annoying so i decided to post this msg just to get rid of it.

So a show of hand for those who currently have this msg. We can start a lurkers club or something. :bsmilie:

Big brother is watching over your shoulder, pal....

Poon said:
Just realized i am considered a forum lurker when i saw this msg appearing at the top.

Hi Poon! It appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, so why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in conversation with other members in our forums? "

So a show of hand for those who currently have this msg. We can start a lurkers club or something. :bsmilie:

:bsmilie: I recieved it oso .. but not from CS, from some other forum which I seldom visits ... :sweat:

Poon said:

heh...It is not like someone is electronic spying on you in forums like this one. It is just how the forum program is configure by the owner of the software or a default setting to encourage users to participate in the forum besides lurking around. The program basically monitor how often you come in, log how often you write a message..etc If you fall below a certain set level, it will automatically send out a message to tell you to join in. This is like a kinda of social programming heheh.. and on the other hand, they also want to weed out user accounts that is not active anymore and maybe after a few prompts if there is no respond they would cancel out the account and save some bandwidth and server space.

It is a give and take thingy I guess. Lurkers just take and never give back from all the invaluable tips don't you think? heheh..so give back alittle lah! heheh.....

sammy888 said:
Lurkers just take and never give back .....

Once upon a time a lurker feels he is hungry but for now he may
feel even more hungry as the community spirit goes higher and
starting to weigh his worth.

A person's worth is more often than not determined upon who
he is, not upon what he does or how much he has.

A lurker may not have perceived himself to be worthy of contributing
his thoughts or ideas because as a human being he does not know
that he is innately worthy.

Many people find it easier to give than to receive.
How many would feel that there is a need to improve oneself
or to value other people's time more highly than their own?

Very often someone would say: "I have changed as I begin
to believe in what I can do by first having the ability to give
what I have".

-------------------------------------------
Our lives improve only when we start
giving for it is an important part in the
act of loving the human race.

Poon said:
Hi Poon! It appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, so why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in conversation with other members in our forums?

Maybe the models like to see you around. :bsmilie:

wow! new feature! i wanna see my activity n longetivity bar. :)

50% of possible points earned today with 1 post... maybe this can make it 100%.

hehehe .... wonder what's mine ... hv not posted for a while ...

hmmmm ... seems like not active enough ;p

66% for 2 post? 1 more try and if still not 100% then I give up.

Got the other way round?
"sorry,seem like you are too active today,it's bedtime dude";p

Big Kahuna said:
I wonder if there is a mechanism to lock an account if dormant for too long :bsmilie:

I am sure it can. depends on the forum software owners. But if they do, it would not be against lurkers. Lurkers are a given. They would track by how often you log in. If you have not log in for say a year..they could get the software to automatically send you an email and if no reply it will erase the user account. Or just erase if no activities for a year if the owner so configure the software to do it.

Plus 1

Status
Not open for further replies.