Possible?

BBTM

Nov 23, 2004
BB West
From the thread of ladders gang, I am wondering whether using stilts to replace it, is it possible?

What I had in mind is that this special stilts replace your foot wear totally (with it also can). With a rubber and bigger base, more stable during in use n quiet when you on the move. Light weighted, foldable like tripod, with elbow rest and control for adjusting the height which you wanted.

If I got the $, I might make one for myself. Totally replace 3 foot ladder n lesser weight on my shoulder. Can otot anywhere but idk stilts legal in sg or not. Wait police catch. :(

fail ............ try balancing while looking into a viewfinder 3 feet up in the air and a backpack on your back

and you'll need a 3-4 foot tall chair, table or ledge to sit on if you want to change out any equiptment

you don't need stilts...

what you need is Mech-Armor :bsmilie:

tiberiansun_11.gif

From the thread of ladders gang, I am wondering whether using stilts to replace it, is it possible?

What I had in mind is that this special stilts replace your foot wear totally (with it also can). With a rubber and bigger base, more stable during in use n quiet when you on the move. Light weighted, foldable like tripod, with elbow rest and control for adjusting the height which you wanted.

If I got the $, I might make one for myself. Totally replace 3 foot ladder n lesser weight on my shoulder. Can otot anywhere but idk stilts legal in sg or not. Wait police catch. :(
FYI, you need to keep moving in order to balance yourself,

how are you going to shoot if you can't keep still?

How to Stilt Walk

and I'm sure any private compounds will not allow you to use it.

Go apply for work at Universal Studios. :-D

If normal stilts, sure wouldn't work. But my idea of stilts, is just like a pair of shoes with bigger base to stable ourself even at highest point. It will be wearing sideway, so, can walk with ease when not required. But to make it, might be possible but $ involved, a lot, haha!

It's more flexible than 3 foot ladder and uses less space. Hopes to see a new design, which could be retractable with ease and we can wear it to walk around (and also go toilet, ha ha!) With support for elbow also nicer or a 2.5m monopod? But will anyone come out such for photographers? Let's wait and see. :D

cheaper solution would be buying two stools from ikea and using cable ties.
you could even sit on the trains, and in queues. With the second stool you could even offer a seat to those who need it more...

Seen how those ah cheks from canopies and tentage rental companies "kiap" their 9 meter tall rotten wooden ladder and stride around with grace and precision.

Those are the true ladder gangs talented enough for Cirque du Soleil.

Last edited:

Probably the simple solution may be to build a sturdy ladder out of lightweight materials.

Collapsible plastic chair may be another way.

Long live ladder gang!

MBS also have people using them

topImage.jpg

Last edited: