Possible to shoot slides with P&S?

Status
Not open for further replies.

phantasia

Nov 9, 2003
The North
Visit site
Heyhey,

Was thinking of trying out some slides like velvia using my P&S film camera...but just wondering whether its possible and recommended to do so. Like if i shoot with slides, do i need to compensate for it or something? Since i'm using P&S cam, i won't have any of these functions.

Thanks alot!! :)

go ahead and try. no harm right...

i have a yashica t4 and its exposure metering is still quite accurate enough for slides.

As igpenguin mentioned, go ahead and try it out.

Just take more care in the exposure as generally the P&S do not have sophisticated metering systems and can get fooled. For example, scenes with lots of contrast or lots of sky. My Oly Mju2 tended to underexpose under this condition.

Good luck.

igpenguin said:
go ahead and try. no harm right...

i have a yashica t4 and its exposure metering is still quite accurate enough for slides.

My Yashica T5 rocks with Fujichrome Velvia 100. A killer combination!

Actually mine is an old chinon P&S...quite reliable from shooting negatives...so this time thinking of maybe bringing some slides along for an overseas trip. Yup guess bring slides and digital p&s as backup just in case. Thanks all for the replies!

Look at your negatives and see if they look well exposed or too dense or too thin. If the negs are too dense or too thin, then you may have a problem with exposure.

Because you do not have the facility to "tailor" your exposures using a P&S, you should try to avoid contrasty scenes. Certainly use slides, but point your camera in the right direction.

My Leica Minilux does a wonderful job with slides, but I will avoid taking landscapes type shots with very bright sky.

Status
Not open for further replies.