possible to map a shortcut so that i can load a specific webpage with a touch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adzz

Jun 20, 2004
West area
anyone has any idea?
thanks. :)

Adzz said:
anyone has any idea?
thanks. :)

Try this.

Load the page that you want, click and drag the small IE icon at the top left hand corner of the browser to your desktop. It should create a shortcut that link you directly to that page when you double click on it ;)

If you are using Internet Explorer, you can click on the icon in front of the url you want to link to and drag it to the "links" toolbar of the browser (usually towards the top right hand corner of the browser).

Subsequently when you want to access the link you just have to click on the item in the links toolbar. Hope this helps.

ccplim said:
Try this.

Load the page that you want, click and drag the small IE icon at the top left hand corner of the browser to your desktop. It should create a shortcut that link you directly to that page when you double click on it ;)

This is the effective way. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

i usually copy and paste the URL into "My Favourites"... i have one which automatically generates "New Posts" in CS...

hehe. i have done these methods u guys have said previously. But my hotlinks on the toolbar are already full. :p I was hoping Microsoft has the function of mapping a specific webpage with a shortcut key. Hmm... Perhaps creating a shortcut, then mapping that shortcut with a hotkey? :think:

Let me experiment again and keep you guys informed. Thanks for the info nevertheless. :)

ok. apparently, it is quite successful. there is a option to create shortcut keys at the properties page. but it does not load a new window. instead, it uses one of the windows that is opened. now to get pass this stage, but i dont see any option..

:bigeyes: Wow! It must be a really hot page you want to create the shortcut for. One that you visit every few minutes I guess. What page is it, may we know?

Status
Not open for further replies.