Possible to have 2 or 3 hand carry bags up the plane?

Status
Not open for further replies.

behyx

Jun 15, 2002
SG
1st bag is camera equipments
2nd bag is lighting equipments
3rd bag is laptop.

Every one is within the 115cm limit set by CAAS.

Can't possibly check them in because of their fragile nature, so have to hand carry. Will this be allow in Singapore and China airports?

Also, I have 1 lightstand which is 110cm in length.. Where can I find a 40" bag so that I can check-in to the plane? I've tried Ruby Photo, but they don't have stock currently..

I think the rule has changed now ..... usually 1 bag per person now ... but depend on airline and traffic, and luck!...

they seem to have eased the 1 piece hand luggage only rules, at least in EU, and EU is anal about such matters

so elsewhere should be the same; 1 normal bag + 1 laptop is the max

try mask the third bag into a shopping bag (cloth type is much safer). When i checked in, those aunties behind me have 3 big shopping bags from dfs/gift shops (other than their hand carrier, handbag and some even a waist pouch). So, you have to be tactful i guess and a good dose of luck whose flying on the same plane as you. If a local/foreign VVIP is on board, good luck and be prepared to have your lamps and lenses sardine! If not happy, they can spit out your checked-in baggage and request you to join the next flight on the next day.

Depends on the Airline. SQ is ok with a normal handcarry, a laptop bag and a small camera bag. Jetstar is strict on the one-bag limit, and they count the laptop as one bag.

how about getting a bigger bag and putting your laptop together with your lights/camera?

it really depends on the airline you're flying with. if it's budget airline, might be tough.

if you want to try your luck, be prepared that you will be made to check-in...then the choice will be tough. how about investing in some hardcases? i know you asked about where to buy them in a previous thread. too ex? i know a place that might rent them out at an affordable rate..something like this size http://www.uwkinetics.com/product/56

U can buy 1 more ticket and let yr extra bag sits there, since yr equipment is delicate and u may not want to put them into overhead compartment anyway, I have seen ppl did tat before...

If you're a woman its easier. Just get a big bag to stuff laptop + camera in addition to a trolly bag. Say its your personal + lappie bag. Shouldn't have any probs.

If you're a woman its easier. Just get a big bag to stuff laptop + camera in addition to a trolly bag. Say its your personal + lappie bag. Shouldn't have any probs.

What's the point in saying this when TS is a guy?

If you're uh.. dragging so much gear along, I assume it is for a commercial job? If so... buy an air ticket for your gear, and charge the client for it.

having everything arrive intact and working should be of utmost importance...

U can buy 1 more ticket and let yr extra bag sits there, since yr equipment is delicate and u may not want to put them into overhead compartment anyway, I have seen ppl did tat before...

dun think they will let you have the bag on the seat. especially if its take off/landing. either stowed below the seat or in the overhead compartments.

safety reasons lah...

Carried a number of times a backpack cam bag, a laptop bag and a shopping bag into the SQ plane without problem.

Hehe thanks guys for your replies :)

antacid, those cases are way too expensive.. I just drove to Mustafa and got myself a super large hard case luggage bag, can even put my manfrotto tripod upright. Tomorrow I'm going to buy some sponges/foam from artfriend to wrap one of my larger light and put it together with my clothings and extension plugs within the hard case luggage bag.

Looks like the only plan for my laptop is to squeeze it into the camera bag which houses the lights now. So that will leaves me with just 1 light+laptop bag and 1 camera bag. I think in this case they will allow. I'm flying SQ + Silk Air + China Eastern for this project. Hope they will be lenient to me. hehe!

Has anybody experienced any problem checking in more than 1 luggage for China domestic flight? From the website woojacky has given, it says:

For China domestic flight, each passenger is allowed one piece of check-in luggage, up to 44 lbs., and one carry on bag.
:think:

dun think they will let you have the bag on the seat. especially if its take off/landing. either stowed below the seat or in the overhead compartments.

safety reasons lah...
I saw it in SQ...was flying from Singapore to Penang, and the guy in front put a medium size trolley bag on the seat, and strap it with safety belt just like it is a human passenger. From the way he carried it I guessed it is a machine tooling (like a block of metal/steel). There is no way u can lift this up into the overhead compartment and also not able to stow under the seat below.

a word of caution on those cheapo hard-cases..my gf bought one and it got crushed on her first trip out. the shop replaced it, but if your lights were in there...not going to be pretty.

if you're going to use them, make sure you pack them completely with foam, so there's less space in it and won't get crushed so easily.

a word of caution on those cheapo hard-cases..my gf bought one and it got crushed on her first trip out. the shop replaced it, but if your lights were in there...not going to be pretty.

if you're going to use them, make sure you pack them completely with foam, so there's less space in it and won't get crushed so easily.

Ohh.. I hope mine is not the cheapo one.. I avoided the ultra-cheap ones, and got a slightly better case for S$150.. Yeah I'm going to stock up on foam later :)

price is not an indication...my gf paid $300+ for hers. hahaha

do let us know how it went, ok? good luck for your trip

Wow.... Ok i got a shock :eek:

Pray hard!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.