Possible to Fake Sony Earphones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lemontree

Sep 23, 2004
Woodlands, Singapore
Hi guys, I came across this sale of sony earphones like the MDR-75 going for as cheap as $25 only. So I got curious and started to ask myself, such small and intricately-engineered devices and especially by a very reputable corporation like Sony, can it be faked and if it can, can one tell if it is a fake?

I've also seen MDR-V series headphones (the huge professional kind meant for monitoring sound in studios and productions) going for as cheap as $40.

Can professionals advise or shed some light on this? :think:

Last edited:
If it's too good to be true then it probably is. Same for cheap offers of camera gear and other things. It is also possible that it is stolen equipment and they sell it cheap to get rid of it quickly. I don't know about local laws in SG but in other countries you get fined (or charged in court) if you purchase goods where it is obvious that they come from illegal source.

oh ok..I approached a seller from a forum and was told that he had gotten direct from factory and am selling the extra set that he has got. Something that's retailing for $180++ can't be sold for only $40+ right? A bit fishy I feel too. :think: I mean cost price is definitely more than $40+ for a headphone used by professionals in studios and productions lor.

One question I still have in mind is how can a headphone be faked? hmm..quite hard leh..is there anyway tools that I can use to test the sound out for things like impedance, max db and so on?

Last edited:
my friend bought SONY earphone for his handphone in AMK hub , its like singtel mobile or something.the seller told that that is original. $25 price.

but really , sound like the fake one far from original . because i and my friend have that type of earphone. the seller said , "yess this is the sound, nothing problem with it" . and we go to sony centre, sony centre said , its the correct original earphone. really. i feel the sound like old radio.

Yes i think its in ebay, everything possible. because last time i went to china. You can got all copy of electronic with same design even they write with same brand. you know the memory card pro. SONY has changed it to white color one. because of too many fake MMC.

but here is in singapore. You cant sell fake SONY (or other brand) . But i just curious if the store can sell the fake one .. how ?

wow..serious s*** man! Thank God for I was gonna buy from this guy on eBay a MDR! After reading much of the info, think I'll just go for a genuine one at Sony dealers! :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.