Possible to Change EXIF data?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HOCL

Jan 30, 2002
NE
Visit site
My date and time setting on my camera S602 was gone after it reset itself mysteriously one day. As a result, a few batches of photos captured the wrong dates and times.

Any way to change the date and time on the EXIF data? :( :(

Jun 27, 2002
here
www.9frames.com
i do not own a S602z but my G2, if the date and time resets itself 'mysteriously, it means the date battery is flat and needs to change. If you want to know why the date battery dies so fast, its because they pack the date batteries when manufacturing the camera, but when it sold you you via a retailer. The mannal has all these information. Hope i help:)

maddog

Feb 13, 2002
Alexandra
maddog.clubsnap.org
Originally posted by HOCL
My date and time setting on my camera S602 was gone after it reset itself mysteriously one day. As a result, a few batches of photos captured the wrong dates and times.

Any way to change the date and time on the EXIF data? :( :(
Use EXIFDate.exe
Get it from here
EXIFUtils

usage from command prompt:
exifdate "1999:06:01 14:27:08" image1.jpg image2.jpg

M

Midnight

I had the same problem not long ago, and was recommended these two programs by the regulars on rec.photo.digital:

Exifer: Easy to use for individual photos with GUI interface
http://www.exifer.friedemann.info/

Jhead: Fast command-line program suitable for batch changes.
http://www.sentex.net/~mwandel/jhead

I managed to fix things up on my end pretty quickly using both the above programs. Do note that the version of Exifer on the official web site has some problems with photos edited with Photoshop 7, but the author of the program was kind enough to send me a beta copy of the version he's currently working on that rectifies this problem.

HOCL

Jan 30, 2002
NE
Visit site
Hi maddog and Midnight

Thanks for the valuable info on those s/w. Will try out those s/w when I am at home. Looks promising! :)

Hi Belle&Sebastain

Thanks for your info. My 602 Manual says that

"Once the AC power adapter has been connected or the
batteries have been installed for an hour or more, the
camera will retain the specified date and time for
approximately 10 days without power (with the batteries
removed and AC power adapter disconnected)."

However, I don't think I have ever remove my batteries for more than 1 day! Hmmm ... something's wrong? :dunno:

Jun 27, 2002
here
www.9frames.com
:embrass: sorry, like i say, i do not own the 602z, my G2 has a separate battery for date and time. Well we learn something new today:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom