possible to achieve 100% dustless on lens?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zzyzx

Aug 25, 2007
no matter how hard i try to blow off the dust, there will still have dust visible when i put to lowest aperture with manual zoom and +EV(method to check for dust)

is it possible to achieve 100% no dust in between my camera lens and my UV filter? if yes, how?

Maybe it's dust on the sensor?

i'm using point and shoot one leh.. cannot be dust right? or is there a possibility? hmm...

Hehe, shoot in airtight container. Ok actually ur p&s may not be air tight so well dust may get in and also during manufacturing there could be dust in ur p&s.

your problem sounds like dust on the sensor....try use a blower but if cannot get rid of the dust, just forget about it and use photoshop to clone it away

no matter how hard i try to blow off the dust, there will still have dust visible when i put to lowest aperture with manual zoom and +EV(method to check for dust)

is it possible to achieve 100% no dust in between my camera lens and my UV filter? if yes, how?

can

but the camera can live in a vacuum , probably

can you? =D

jokes aside, dust on lens normally will not appear in the picture, unless your lens can focus to very very close, which is highly unlikely, unless the dust is significantly large

as mentioned by others, this should be dust on sensor

to further confirm, yoh ucan post up examples of pictures where the dust appears

unless you live in a class 1000 cleanroom.

The alternative is to fool the eye... If you know that a dust speck exists in a certain location, try to compose your shot so that the shadows or mid-tones are in that area, thus limiting the eye's ability to see the dust spot.

In the open environment, it is not possible to achieve 100% dust-free sensor, even with the best cleaning tools. Only in dust-free environment, such as a clean room would it be possible, but very expensive.

I have not tried the new Oly P&S which are water-resistant, dust resistant and shock resistant. Those may be dust-free longer than other cameras.

is this dust on lens or sensor?

hw to check? mi using 400d on sigma18-200.

dun look like dust on sensor leh, try shooting a pic onto a blank white wall, if got spots in the picture then should be dust.

else, u can try bringing it to canon HQ and ask them to clean up, but muz pay i think.

won't the dust on the sensor causes black dot instead? since the dust will block the light.....

just some thought over it: if you take another picture, would the noise appears on the same place?

actually, instead of dust, would it be possible that there are problem with your camera sensor? Some sensor cell (or whatever you call it technically) malfunction?

If so, probably time to change your camera. try DSLR instead.... ;)

shot the back of an envelope.

attached two pic at actual size to compare as the envelope got some black dots on it.

sorry for big pic.

-----

Status
Not open for further replies.