Possible Problem with lens: Advice needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magede

Aug 17, 2008
I bought my DSLR about a month ago. When I take pics, some pics, especially those that I did not zoom into have a black mark at a specific location. I checked all my lens and I think I found the problem.

Its a dust particle stuck in the lens. I'm just wondering if its possible to open the lens and wipe the inside of it.

Perhaps you can show us a photo with the mark? just curious did the lens come with the dslr or bought separately. if new lens most probably its dust on your sensor and not the lens.

I bought my DSLR about a month ago. When I take pics, some pics, especially those that I did not zoom into have a black mark at a specific location. I checked all my lens and I think I found the problem.

Its a dust particle stuck in the lens. I'm just wondering if its possible to open the lens and wipe the inside of it.

caaaaaan, if you want to void your warranty. just drop by the service centre and have them clean it. it'll take less than 20 mins.

Last edited:
i'm certain it's dust on the sensor.
just drop by the service centre and have them clean.

problem is, I'm overseas and will be out of the country for another 38 days. Any way i can do it myself?

Do you have more than one lens? The dirt may be on the sensor.

try another lens, see if the spot is still there. if it is then its on your sensor, and i don't advise cleaning your sensor 'cause its really fragile/sensitive.

problem is, I'm overseas and will be out of the country for another 38 days. Any way i can do it myself?

Which model?

Which model?

Sigma SD14 according to the EXIF.

Threadstarter, you can clean the sensor on your own if you have a blower. Otherwise, you may want to check for a Sigma service center wherever you are.

ok thx alot for the advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.