Possible MO: Peleng 8mm Fisheye Lens f/3.5 – Lowest Prices – S$475!

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vince123123

Hi guys!

This is an estimate of interest thread for a possible MO for the above lens. As far as we are aware, this is the cheapest and bang for the buck offer for this product here in Singapore.

Description

The new Peleng 8mm f3.5 fisheye lens is an interchangeable, short- focus, super wide-angle, compact lens that provides a stunning circular field of view of 180 degrees and a circular image (not a full-frame image) on the 35mm negative.

It provides meter coupling to your camera’s exposure meter, so you maintain through-the-lens metering. The Peleng 8mm lens is a precision optical piece derived from the Russian defense and space technologies. It is ideal for architecture, landscape, and group pictures. The lens’s high-quality multi- coated glass optics provides superb image transmission and sharpness. The Peleng 8mm Fisheye lens is a compact unit, similar to Nikkor products, but for the fraction of the cost.

Here is a photograph as provided by the vendors:

d38e4007.jpg

Some sample pictures taken by this lens:

http://search.pbase.com/search?q=Peleng&c=sp

Contents

When you purchase the Peleng 8mm fisheye lens kit through this MO, this is what you will be getting:

· Peleng 8mm f/3.5 Fisheye Lens
· Two basic camera adapters: one Pentax M-42 screw mount adapter and Nikon AI.
· Three 26.5mm filters (light red, light yellow, dark yellow)
· Filter case
· Front and rear lens caps
· Lens case and strap
· Manual

Specifications

· Focal length: 8mm
· Field of View: 180 degrees, provides a circular image (not a full-frame image) on 35mm film
· Filter Size: 26.5mm – mounts to rear element
· Aperture Scale: F3.5 to F16

Lens Adapters

If the included adapters are not suitable, a wide variety of adapters are available to fit this lens onto your camera lens mount, such as:

· Canon EOS
· Canon FD
· YashicaFR/Contax
· Minolta AF
· Minolta MD

Pricings

This is the part everyone is waiting for. The indicative price for this MO is as follows:

Peleng 8mm Kit: S$475.00
Additional Canon EOS Mount Adapter : S$60.00

If there’s overwhelming response and quantities are higher, the price may be even lower, currently estimated at S$465.00 for 10 and $440.00 for 20.

If anyone is interested, do drop me an email at vince1231234@SPAMBOT with your contact particulars (name, handphone and email address).

(replace SPAMBOT with yahoo.com.sg)

Once there is sufficient interest to justify taking this MO further, I’ll open a new official MO thread with full details and terms for the MO.

Thanks for taking the time to read this long post.

Upz for tonight!

Upz for today!

There's quite a few people arleady interested, but I'm waiting for a few more to meet the minimum sum to make this MO possible.

This is not a Canon lens - it is a Russian made lens.

newmemberz said:
How's this MO are doing??
I am interested actually, but this is not a Canon lens rite?

What Brand issit? thx.

Upz for today.

Interested but your price very ex leh....
Lens + EOS adapter cost about S$380 only...
Where u getting the MO from? Can bargin and lower the price?

Yo weekh

Where did you get the lobang for the peeleng lens @ S$370 (with EOS adaptor some more)? ;). Very good price indeed if that's true (unless it's 2nd hand).
The best price I could gather so far for this combo is $15 to $30 lower than vince123123's quote .....

Well its still the lowest MO conducted here right now.

Could you pm me the place where you're getting the lens + EOS adapter for S$380? I would gratefully lower the price down accordingly once the details are confirmed - good for everybody.

Or if you could be so kind as to start an MO at this lower price, please let me know - I'll close this and we can all join your MO instead!

Thanks for the tip!

weekh said:
Interested but your price very ex leh....
Lens + EOS adapter cost about S$380 only...
Where u getting the MO from? Can bargin and lower the price?

go ebay and so a search on Peleng lor... selling price hovers at around US$200.

its written as 8mm on the lens barrel on the ebay pics, same as the pic here..... on nikon dSLR its equivalent to a 12mm lens (35mm format).....

Thanks to those above who have provided new information that I was not aware of. I'll check it out and see if its possible to MO this, especially for those Canon users out there.

Watch this space for updates!

20D said:
I hope someone here is able to MO this. ;p

if its from mike at kievcamera his ad is erroneous. Its actually m42 w/ eos adapter.

I bought an 80t/s from him and thats how it turned out. Worse... the adapter was out of whack and he had to send me a new one. Later i learned from a friend that there have been complaints from the Kiev cam forums that all his "native eos" lenses were actually m42 w/adapter.

Fortunately, my current 80t/s w/adapter works well.

Be aware that those of you who choose to buy the 80t/s in nikon mt. to use w/ adapter for EOS that unlike the m42 version, you must re-center the lens in all axis before you can dismount from camera.

I have had the Peleng 8mm for at least 3 years. The Belorrusia factory which makes them only supplies it in M42 and nikon (both in the kit). However, the lensmount is essentially T-mount distance. It may be possible to actually make it native EOS by buying a correct EOS t-mount adapter and removing the t-mount thread, then attaching this eos mount to the lens. However, you would be best advised to take your 8mm along without its mount to the shops , bring a screwdriver... and try the EOS t-mounts sold before buying one.

· Field of View: 180 degrees, provides a circular image (not a full-frame image) on 35mm film

Pardon my ignorance, what does it mean?

I have 4 people interested so far and assuming no one backs out, I'd need one more order in order to push this through.

Upz for today!

Is your supplier able to give you a better price? What type of warranty are you giving?

Status
Not open for further replies.