possible firmware hack for 300d/10d?

Status
Not open for further replies.

clive

Oct 9, 2002
Visit site
on the eos 1v, 3, there is this custom function number 11:

when set to 11 - choice 2, we get the ability to use the biggie circular quick dial on the back of the body to instantaneously straight away rotate it left or right to select among the horizontal row of Af points, regardless of whether the "AF point selection method" is set to user-selected or camera-selected. (this feature is also present on 1n, 1d, 1dII) this is what i personally call the "cf11-2" magic :cool:

on the 300d, 10d, theres no such cf to allow us to do this magic.

ie if when using 300d/10d , and we want to select among the horizontal row of AF points, we got to press and hold down a particular button first, then at the same time rotate the biggie quick dial. ie a bit leycheh. :D

so i was wondering...has anyone in any part of the world come up with a way to hack the 300d/10d so that the "cf 11-2" magic is enabled on the 300d/10d? coz this cf11-2 magic is what i personally sorely missed when using non-high end EOS SLRs :angel: :think:

The dial behind is more useful/impt for on the fly exposure compensation, IMHO.

ST1100 said:
The dial behind is more useful/impt for on the fly exposure compensation, IMHO.

correct... that function is useful only if lighting does not change much.

mmmmmm

looks like my taste is different :confused: :bsmilie:

i bought 300D today...

studying now~~~~ ;p

AdamGoi said:
I need a firmware which can turn my Tandy into a 1Ds which can shoot 8.5 fps ... :D

Wah, 1Ds can do 8.5fps... then I also want leh... :lovegrin:

din we have names for the models?
Wandy, Tandy,
isn't 300D supposed to be Trendy? :)

i've found the firmware in Canon China web site. you knew Chinese, can read Chinese or not?

if you can, you can go there to read the specification for upgrating firmware on Canon Digital cameras and it will teach you how to upgrate and included firmware application.

:thumbsup:

clive said:
on the eos 1v, 3, there is this custom function number 11:

when set to 11 - choice 2, we get the ability to use the biggie circular quick dial on the back of the body to instantaneously straight away rotate it left or right to select among the horizontal row of Af points, regardless of whether the "AF point selection method" is set to user-selected or camera-selected. (this feature is also present on 1n, 1d, 1dII) this is what i personally call the "cf11-2" magic :cool:

there are 4 directional button in the centre of the big dial on the EOS 30 that allows me to select any one of the seven AF points on the fly without having to press and hold any other button. can't remember which CF is it.

i was rather mystified as to why Canon chose not to include the directional buttons on D60 or 10D.

mervlam said:
there are 4 directional button in the centre of the big dial on the EOS 30 that allows me to select any one of the seven AF points on the fly without having to press and hold any other button. can't remember which CF is it.

ah..but those 4 buttons still have to use thumb to "press press press" to get to the desired position leh ;) ie still not as smooth as "cf11-2" magic; which really feels like "steering wheel" with the thumb

clive said:
ah..but those 4 buttons still have to use thumb to "press press press" to get to the desired position leh ;) ie still not as smooth as "cf11-2" magic; which really feels like "steering wheel" with the thumb

"steering wheel" can oversteer in the heat of action what...

button press more precise and accurate over you get used to it.

anyway, you can do that on a EOS 30 too ;)

oversteer but then re-steer back is still faster then " press press press" mah..hehe! :D because "press press press" reminds me of nikons the 5-way thumbpad...really press until my poor thumb cramp .lolz :bsmilie: aiya..i guess its just a personal "thumby" preference haiz! :)

clive said:
oversteer but then re-steer back is still faster then " press press press" mah..hehe! :D because "press press press" reminds me of nikons the 5-way thumbpad...really press until my poor thumb cramp .lolz :bsmilie: aiya..i guess its just a personal "thumby" preference haiz! :)

nah.... i disagree...

maybe it's my choice of preference...

besides i mostly use the centre AF point only

Status
Not open for further replies.