Possibility of Clubsnap Donation Drive for our feisty princess ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

poohbear

Aug 11, 2004
Sengkang
Opening up this thread for discussion on how can we push for a clubsnap donation drive for little chermaine. Every little bit helps. HWZ is doing a fantastic job on the donation. Maybe we can do like what HWZ has done , opeining an acc and allow Bank Transfer etc . Time is not on little chermaine side. The execution part I leave it to all for discussion. In the meantime , we can start a list, pledging the amount. See how it goes. Eventually if anything goes , we need a moderator to handle the donation and pass it to Cynthia (mother of chermaine)

For those not aware,
http://ourfeistyprincess.blogspot.com/

Photos and videos of little chermaine
http://www.ourfeistyprincess.com/photogallery.php

And the post that emotionally moved me.
http://www.ourfeistyprincess.com/about_charmaine_family.php

Clubsnap initiative by Dream Merchant
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=529818

Nick / Name / Amount pledge

1. Poohbear / Vincent / $100

2. romeo tango / Richard / $50

:thumbsup: for Poohbear taking the lead on this initiative.

We have people.

We have equipment.

Many can contribute, even if it's a little - every bit helps.

But what we need are people to Take The Lead!

though i am just a student

i must do my best and help

Lomographer / John / $50

i wanna thank the admin and mods for allowing this be posted

and hopefully rally the support of all CS members to help and donate.

3. Lomographer / John / $50

C'mon clubsnap , we are better than that ~~:heart:

HWZ has a $1 to $1 match, with up to $10K max, thus I would suggest to donate via HWZ instead. The only thing is, the donor needs to be a member of HWZ, but i dont think that's going to stop any of us doing a good deed.

We've done so on our badminton-network.com. We consolidate the donations, and transfer under the name of a existing HWZ member.

HWZ has a $1 to $1 match, with up to $10K max, thus I would suggest to donate via HWZ instead. The only thing is, the donor needs to be a member of HWZ, but i dont think that's going to stop any of us doing a good deed.

We've done so on our badminton-network.com. We consolidate the donations, and transfer under the name of a existing HWZ member.

That's a good move. There's really no need to 'compete' with other forums when it comes to charity.

4. superbeng / Lee / $50

Please let us know how we can funds-transfer/send cheque to a poster who can help consolidate and donate via HWZ?

Thanks

Any moderator who is a member of HWZ wanna help ? The reason for putting up here is that some Cser may not be aware of the going on over at HWZ or may not be an member of HWZ. Anyway , it's still in discussion so ideas are welcome on how we shld execute this.

HWZ has reached it's 1-for-1 10k cap , so no point donating through HWZ. Maybe CS can have it's own drive. All I plead for is everyone to step forward to donate any amount. I know economy bad etc etc, but compared to the equipments we had, what is $5 or even $10 ? Please donate generously , Little Chermaine is running out of time.

4. superbeng / Lee / $50

That's a good move. There's really no need to 'compete' with other forums when it comes to charity.

erm .... don't think it's anyone's intention to 'compete' btw forums. It's just a matter of exposure. More exposure = more donation within a shorter time and time is one thing little chermaine doesn't have much.

Any moderator who is a member of HWZ wanna help ? The reason for putting up here is that some Cser may not be aware of the going on over at HWZ or may not be an member of HWZ. Anyway , it's still in discussion so ideas are welcome on how we shld execute this.

i will bring up to admins. i am also a member in hwz... ;)

Ok. what happens is that we are currently low on manpower or even resources to handle a donation run at this moment.

What i can suggest is that we can leave a thread here to direct to HWZ for the donation drive, or redirecting the funds would be also one of a better alternatives.

So probably someone needs to take responsibility for channeling / directing the donations to either hwz or to our feisty princess.

;)

4. superbeng / Lee / $50
5. cheryl852 / cheryl and family / $100 (submitting on july 1st, we all waiting for pay cheque haha!)

Thks glenn , we have another drive at SSOG also leh.

HAHAHAHAHA... havent been into SSOG for sometime already. ok can. i will go in later and see....

but i kind of spending more time in Rseries. =P :bsmilie:

ok dun OT.

Hardwarezone *Fund Raising Project
This thread created as promised that I've made in here. Hope that everyone can help chip in a little to help this little girl.

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showthread.php?t=2401569

How to long will this drive last?
This drive will start from today (15th Jun 2009) and continue to run for 2 weeks, ending on 29th Jun 2009, 23:59.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Charity soccer match

Our soccer icons are having a charity soccer match. Proceeds of the match will go to Charmaine and her family. It is happening this Sunday 28th June and tickets are priced at $10. [Details]

Last edited:
I'd like to pledge another $25

and thanks to all who have helped in one way or another,

and thanks in advance to all who will help!

Status
Not open for further replies.