Possibility of Clubsnap Donation Drive for our feisty princess ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

poohbear

Aug 11, 2004
Sengkang
Opening up this thread for discussion on how can we push for a clubsnap donation drive for little chermaine. Every little bit helps. HWZ is doing a fantastic job on the donation. Maybe we can do like what HWZ has done , opeining an acc and allow Bank Transfer etc . Time is not on little chermaine side. The execution part I leave it to all for discussion. In the meantime , we can start a list, pledging the amount. See how it goes. Eventually if anything goes , we need a moderator to handle the donation and pass it to Cynthia (mother of chermaine)

For those not aware,
http://ourfeistyprincess.blogspot.com/

Photos and videos of little chermaine
http://www.ourfeistyprincess.com/photogallery.php

And the post that emotionally moved me.
http://www.ourfeistyprincess.com/about_charmaine_family.php

Clubsnap initiative by Dream Merchant
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=529818

Nick / Name / Amount pledge

1. Poohbear / Vincent / $100

Jan 31, 2009

2. romeo tango / Richard / $50

Dream Merchant

Staff member
Jan 11, 2007
:thumbsup: for Poohbear taking the lead on this initiative.

We have people.

We have equipment.

Many can contribute, even if it's a little - every bit helps.

But what we need are people to Take The Lead!

Lomographer

Apr 27, 2009
Paterson Road
i wanna thank the admin and mods for allowing this be posted

and hopefully rally the support of all CS members to help and donate.

poohbear

Aug 11, 2004
Sengkang

3. Lomographer / John / $50

C'mon clubsnap , we are better than that ~~:heart:

Netasia

May 31, 2005
HWZ has a $1 to $1 match, with up to $10K max, thus I would suggest to donate via HWZ instead. The only thing is, the donor needs to be a member of HWZ, but i dont think that's going to stop any of us doing a good deed.

We've done so on our badminton-network.com. We consolidate the donations, and transfer under the name of a existing HWZ member.

HeiPiGu

Jan 6, 2009
HWZ has a $1 to $1 match, with up to $10K max, thus I would suggest to donate via HWZ instead. The only thing is, the donor needs to be a member of HWZ, but i dont think that's going to stop any of us doing a good deed.

We've done so on our badminton-network.com. We consolidate the donations, and transfer under the name of a existing HWZ member.
That's a good move. There's really no need to 'compete' with other forums when it comes to charity.

superbeng

Jun 5, 2005

4. superbeng / Lee / $50

Please let us know how we can funds-transfer/send cheque to a poster who can help consolidate and donate via HWZ?

Thanks

poohbear

Aug 11, 2004
Sengkang
Any moderator who is a member of HWZ wanna help ? The reason for putting up here is that some Cser may not be aware of the going on over at HWZ or may not be an member of HWZ. Anyway , it's still in discussion so ideas are welcome on how we shld execute this.

poohbear

Aug 11, 2004
Sengkang
HWZ has reached it's 1-for-1 10k cap , so no point donating through HWZ. Maybe CS can have it's own drive. All I plead for is everyone to step forward to donate any amount. I know economy bad etc etc, but compared to the equipments we had, what is $5 or even $10 ? Please donate generously , Little Chermaine is running out of time.

4. superbeng / Lee / $50

poohbear

Aug 11, 2004
Sengkang
That's a good move. There's really no need to 'compete' with other forums when it comes to charity.

erm .... don't think it's anyone's intention to 'compete' btw forums. It's just a matter of exposure. More exposure = more donation within a shorter time and time is one thing little chermaine doesn't have much.

glennyong

May 2, 2004
Singapore
Any moderator who is a member of HWZ wanna help ? The reason for putting up here is that some Cser may not be aware of the going on over at HWZ or may not be an member of HWZ. Anyway , it's still in discussion so ideas are welcome on how we shld execute this.
i will bring up to admins. i am also a member in hwz... ;)

glennyong

May 2, 2004
Singapore
Ok. what happens is that we are currently low on manpower or even resources to handle a donation run at this moment.

What i can suggest is that we can leave a thread here to direct to HWZ for the donation drive, or redirecting the funds would be also one of a better alternatives.

So probably someone needs to take responsibility for channeling / directing the donations to either hwz or to our feisty princess.

;)

cheryl852

Mar 30, 2009
Yishun
captureit.multiply.com
4. superbeng / Lee / $50
5. cheryl852 / cheryl and family / $100 (submitting on july 1st, we all waiting for pay cheque haha!)

glennyong

May 2, 2004
Singapore
Thks glenn , we have another drive at SSOG also leh.
HAHAHAHAHA... havent been into SSOG for sometime already. ok can. i will go in later and see....

but i kind of spending more time in Rseries. =P :bsmilie:

ok dun OT.

xtemujin

Apr 1, 2005
Singapura, Singapore
Hardwarezone *Fund Raising Project
This thread created as promised that I've made in here. Hope that everyone can help chip in a little to help this little girl.

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showthread.php?t=2401569

How to long will this drive last?
This drive will start from today (15th Jun 2009) and continue to run for 2 weeks, ending on 29th Jun 2009, 23:59.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Charity soccer match

Our soccer icons are having a charity soccer match. Proceeds of the match will go to Charmaine and her family. It is happening this Sunday 28th June and tickets are priced at $10. [Details]

Last edited:

Lomographer

Apr 27, 2009
Paterson Road
I'd like to pledge another $25

and thanks to all who have helped in one way or another,

and thanks in advance to all who will help!

Status
Not open for further replies.