positive economic news onslaught ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

reachme2003

Oct 6, 2003
the onslaught of positive economic news is an overkill recently. i just shut my mind whenever i hear them over radio or tv. more this afternoon from tharman. to me, it is like propaganda.

the onslaught of positive economic news is an overkill recently. i just shut my mind whenever i hear them over radio or tv. more this afternoon from tharman. to me, it is like propaganda.

the economy is so positive....... but my salary is still negative....

sigh.......................wads the point :confused: :angry: :sweat:

i'm not swayed by glossy wordings like "potential" or "growth" or "become" .....

like they say......

"SHOW ME THE $$$$$$$$$$$$"!!!!!!!!!!!!

there is no link between economy and your personal pay
just to make the link is fallacious

Maybe its just to make us feel positive before they drop a "bomb" like "pay raise for ministers" on us.

Wasn't there something like this too back in 1998/1999? Something about the electronic sector growing and forcasted to grow, blah, blah, blah, before....

_

A politcian's job is to boast good results and give the shiok feeling for citizens who want to hear the good stuff. Where in the world got politicians ever say they made some mistakes like overestimating the demand of homes in Sengkang or Buangkok; or why didnt Buangkok MRT station didnt open as planned....etc the list goes.

Talking about budget I know of ga ment related companies who dont even pay their staff market rated salaries. So talking about alleviating the burden of the poor is a perenial challenge and a perenial headache. To give u an eg, USA cant even helped their own poor and destitute

If u continue to live in Sg then have to take things into your stride or the Ch saying REN.

If u wanna voice out, the ga ment has better channels like SMS and internet forum. Remember about SMSing your views, you Pay and Pay

A politcian's job is to boast good results and give the shiok feeling for citizens who want to hear the good stuff. Where in the world got politicians ever say they made some mistakes like overestimating the demand of homes in Sengkang or Buangkok; or why didnt Buangkok MRT station didnt open as planned....etc the list goes.

Talking about budget I know of ga ment related companies who dont even pay their staff market rated salaries. So talking about alleviating the burden of the poor is a perenial challenge and a perenial headache. To give u an eg, USA cant even helped their own poor and destitute

If u continue to live in Sg then have to take things into your stride or the Ch saying REN.

If u wanna voice out, the ga ment has better channels like SMS and internet forum. Remember about SMSing your views, you Pay and Pay

:thumbsup: Economic growth expected to rise above the estimated percentage ! Good news !

I am feeling all POSITIVE :vhappy:

Just take it with a pinch of salt.
Believe at your own peril.
It does not spell good news to those ex-employees in the government agencies and ministries who were retrenched after their jobs were being outsourced in the name of corporatisation recently.

Just take it with a pinch of salt.
Believe at your own peril.
It does not spell good news to those ex-employees in the government agencies and ministries who were retrenched after their jobs were being outsourced in the name of corporatisation recently.
make it a bucket of salt.. :bsmilie:

make it a bucket of salt.. :bsmilie:

It will be a bucket of salt to rub into the wound when the positive economic news are used as a "staging ground" for importing more "foreign talents".

It will be a bucket of salt to rub into the wound when the positive economic news are used as a "staging ground" for importing more "foreign talents".

Before 15 Feb must sugar abit mah.

:bsmilie:

happy news do not last forever. if the gahman don't have happy news to report, they will report about some stupid thing like cat trapped in a tree to distract you from the real unhappy news. this is the power of propagada!! :bigeyes:

there is no link between economy and your personal pay
just to make the link is fallacious

there is....

but the link is rather dangerous to even attempt to highlight in OUR lil state.

Its up to an individual to either to decide if its a truth or fallacy.

Simple stats shows that if a human can come up with 10 alibis to say he's innocent, why can't another come up with 100 alibis to say he is guilty?

ultimately, if i choose not to allow that fella with the 100 alibis to disprove his guilt, then is he innocent?

i don't understand your argument, nothing to do with linking economy and personal pay
maybe if you could state something more concrete than that, i might try to understand

aiyo u again, are u always so cynical?

i don't understand your argument, nothing to do with linking economy and personal pay
maybe if you could state something more concrete than that, i might try to understand

The truth is what u choose to believe

U can believe either accountants wif Godlike PHD from Cambridge to show u the maths,

Or the reality that some folks are facing. :sweatsm:

I am being owned ! I am just a noob trying to survive in market Battlenet Singapore :confused:

it's not maths
a country's economy has got nothing to do with what an individual (who is living in THAT country) is getting for his pay!

tsk
it's nothing to do with maths.. =(

big picture versus small picture, definitely i'm not denying the fact that some people face problems, but complaining that their pay is not rising despite economy improving is in short, ludicrous!

it's not maths
a country's economy has got nothing to do with what an individual (who is living in THAT country) is getting for his pay!

tsk

big picture versus small picture, definitely i'm not denying the fact that some people face problems, but complaining that their pay is not rising despite economy improving is in short, ludicrous!

what u say is entirely true. even if good macro economy, it doesnt mean all individuals is good. What it usually means is the rich are getting dam richer, thus the GDP etc. improve.

But who cares? The ELITEs up there will never open their eyes or they chose to close their eyes. And of course u know it, singaporeans are dumb. They can open their eyes but they chose to lock their own hands.

it's not maths

tsk

U r not the only one being owned ! Dun worry :thumbsup:

;)

what u say is entirely true. even if good macro economy, it doesnt mean all individuals is good. What it usually means is the rich are getting dam richer, thus the GDP etc. improve.

But who cares? The ELITEs up there will never open their eyes or they chose to close their eyes. And of course u know it, singaporeans are dumb. They can open their eyes but they chose to lock their own hands.
it's progress

heck care about elites, please, i don't think it's fair to say that NOTHING is being done. =/

@static: HUH?! :bigeyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.