Posing for Weddings and Studio Portraits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 31, 2003
Brisbane, Australia
Visit site
Hey Guys and Girls,

I have placed my advertisement into the Yellow Pages (business directory) here in Brisbane, and I am expecting some business to roll in some time soon. Although I have asked constantly if I would be able to gain some work experience through nearly all the photographers in brisbane, no one wants to take on any help, even voluntary.

I am wondering how you would pose couples, singles and families for wedding shoots and portraits. I have all the equipment ready, have studied photography and film through university and now I'm going to give it a shot for myself. Although I did not learn much photography at Uni, as I was a film student, but it didn't stop me from reading as much as i could get ;).

I am desperate for knowledge in this area of posing as I want to bring out the unique characteristics of each persons personality. I especially would like to learn how to pose children as well seeing as the little blighters never seem to sit still hehe. I have a very creative mind, and I don;t like to stick to the norm of photography. I like to experiment with framing and styles, and not just have them sit in a chair and smile for the camera.

Any help would be very greatly appreciated.

Witness

Mar 18, 2004
www.maverickatwork.com
I am desperate for knowledge in this area of posing as I want to bring out the unique characteristics of each persons personality. I especially would like to learn how to pose children as well seeing as the little blighters never seem to sit still hehe. I have a very creative mind, and I don;t like to stick to the norm of photography. I like to experiment with framing and styles, and not just have them sit in a chair and smile for the camera.
Perhaps i can help u on this.... for children... give them a toy.... of something to interest them in...lookin through their viewfinder helps.

For kids especially...it is good to define certain moveable boundaries for them to work within....so tt they can play and u can capture them easily....(use a fast lens too)...
For me....a studio backdrop and two reflectors at the sides with a light in front of the backdrop helps define movable boundaries....

try not to use more than two strobes or light sources for kids....little ones dun like flashes....use window light instead....buy a portable backdrop....go to their houses if needed....

all this will help to POSE the kid....u cannot tell them how to pose...coz they juz dun know haha.... its better to let them play and capture them. wat u do in the first few minutes also defines wat happens during the shoot....make friends with them,,,,

for outdoor.....its harder to control....make them play "games" but using this technique trick them into staying within a certain area which u tink backgrd and lighting is good....tt way u can compose ya shot and wait for the kid.....

for kids too much to say liao....dun know if i hav been of help....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom