Posed or group shots

Status
Not open for further replies.

xmen2003

Mar 23, 2003
Singapore
Visit site
How do you guys normally tell the subject(s) that you are about to shoot? Do you say "ready, 1, 2, 3" or simply shoot when you feel it is right?

1 2, and ready, 3!

Actually 1, 2, 3 is good enough. I add in the "and ready" because everybody's enduring for the count of 3 and by then most would have blinked either due to preflash or prediction of when the shot fired.

But given most situations, I just count and fire, because no matter how perfect you count, sure got some buggers who's eyes cannot open one. So even taking 10 shots might not insure all eyes are open. :)

I'll just say 1, 2, okie? 3. :bsmilie:

My table shots at weddings are standard:

"Two shots on this camera (points at my lens) ok? Smile, ready...."

*click*

"and one more..."

*click*

(and then echos of... wah so fast ar....)

result: come look for me and i'll show u my wedding photos! :bsmilie:

my above technique is becos... i can't count. :embrass: :embrass:

depends, some tell me their husbands like kan cheong spider so i vary my shots some 1,2 click, some ready, click, some ok look here, click. no hard and fast rule.

the most important thing is to give your commands out and steady your breathing at the same time before shooting, that is important to get your shot sharp to me.

as for kids, or elderly preflash, that will give you their attention.

as my jobs, i always tell bystanders and other photograghers to lower their cameras when i shoot or i wait until they stop.

As for me, for posed shots, i would point to my cam saying (no. of shots) then 1, 2 click. For none posed shots, i would just fire away :).

For group shots I'll give the usual "1, 2, 3-*click*" sequence...and I usually take 2 shots. For the most important I'll spare an extra shot. For those who has the luxury of using DIGITAL this shouldn't be a problem.

What's most important is to prepare your subject--I'll usually ask them to prepare themselves and smile before I do the countdown sequence. Prep-talk does help... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.