Portraits from Angkor..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyesthruthelens

Deregistered
Sep 3, 2003
Sengkang
Visit site
First time posting in this subforum.. :)
Comments are welcome.. but please be gentle.

Old lady at the Siem Reap Market
472530055_50bc0b1afe.jpg

Old monk at the Monk hostel at Siem Reap
485012378_86a0785961.jpg

Old lady at the entrance of Angkor Wat
488177308_24ebfa9dc2.jpg

I like the shots very much. But would like them even more if you didn't crop the top of their heads or the headdress in pic 1.

I like the shots very much. But would like them even more if you didn't crop the top of their heads or the headdress in pic 1.

Thanks.. it's the framing. Didn't do any cropping on the photos.
Here is 1 more with a cute smile.. ;) - taken at Tonle Sap lake.

505938827_e07fe6f093_o.jpg

nice portraits... I feel that more background makes the overall picture more interesting. one is able to relate the person to his / her living environment.. well done.. I often do not have the guts to approach strangers and ask for permission for a shot... got to overcome this ! any tips?

First time posting in this subforum.. :)
Comments are welcome.. but please be gentle.

Old monk at the Monk hostel at Siem Reap
485012378_86a0785961.jpg

Without your comment I will not able to tell he is a monk. Maybe can include his monk robe or include some background that tell the story.​

NICEEEE!!!

Somehow kids in other SEAsian countries just seem so much cuter than Singapore's... lol

I still remember how I went to Thailand Chiangmai on an Overseas Community Involvement Project last year and the kids totally smiles whenever they see us looking at them. Plain if not dirty dressing, and a totally, totally radiant smile.
Compare that with a fashionably-dressed, but totally, totally daooo Singaporean kid...geez

Okie I confess my streotyping :p

But, REALLY, kids overseas are like so so so cute!

Cambodia is a country I would REALLY, REALLY love to go end of this year, or the next. Seems like the perfect place to get some really great photos to me...But I'm still pretty unsure about it because most of the people I know wants to go overseas to shop and not take photos.:sweat: lol:lovegrin:

Here is another one.. a young girl sitting at the entrance of Angkor Wat..

side view..
505889334_b26a607cc9.jpg

final shot.
505880042_a579122cba_o.jpg

Woah. I love your lens!! Your shots are so sharp and clear!

Great shots. You take good portrait shots but what I admire most is your social skills as applied to photography. Almost all shots seem to have been taken with the consent of the subjects. This takes a certain kind of skill to build rapport with strangers in order for them to allow you to take their pics. Good job. Thanks for sharing :)

Digisnap,
Thanks.. glad that you like the photos.
Here is one on the same lady at the Siem Reap market.

515356717_97f0cf5238.jpg

Great shots. You take good portrait shots but what I admire most is your social skills as applied to photography. Almost all shots seem to have been taken with the consent of the subjects. This takes a certain kind of skill to build rapport with strangers in order for them to allow you to take their pics. Good job. Thanks for sharing :)

Status
Not open for further replies.