Canada,ON, Toronto

ISO-speed: 640
F-stop: f/5.6
Exposure time: 1/60 sec
Focal length: 50mm
Camera: Nikon D90
Flash: SB800

Any C&C is appreciated.. especially..

1) How can I bring out the true colour of the eyes, which is brown not black.

2) Too much distraction at the back, how can I eleminate it ?

Thanks in advance.

Anson

Jul 31, 2006
ansonchew.com
www.ansonchew.com
Any C&C is appreciated.. especially..

1) How can I bring out the true colour of the eyes, which is brown not black.

2) Too much distraction at the back, how can I eleminate it ?

Thanks in advance.
1) Instead of setting your WB to auto, try a difference setting

2) You can use a bigger aperture or a longer zoom to have a more contrast DoF....

Hope it helps.. :)

wyred

Oct 7, 2008
AMK
erikyeoh.deviantart.com
I think the crop is too tight.

As for the background, if you don't want any distractions, maybe move the toddler closer to a wall and use it as a background?
Or at least remove the stuff like the plastic bag on the lower left before taking the shot.

Sep 18, 2007
serangoon
I think the crop is too tight.

As for the background, if you don't want any distractions, maybe move the toddler closer to a wall and use it as a background?
Or at least remove the stuff like the plastic bag on the lower left before taking the shot.
the crop is too tight??? the title itself tells you that the picture should be cropped even more since only the face is the main attraction.

my two cents, i prefer portraits shots taken in vertical(portraits) rather than taken horizontally(landscape)...

While taken horizontally, the face tend to be wider and thus making the person, well, wider...

i agree that the plastic bag is a distraction.. but the blue thingy behind is okay.. is it a chair or something? :)

but if you want to move the toddler closer to a wall, try to point your flash to the ceilling, at least that won't create any shadows behind.

And yes, u need to take a look at your white balance...

hope that helps! :)

wyred

Oct 7, 2008
AMK
erikyeoh.deviantart.com
the crop is too tight??? the title itself tells you that the picture should be cropped even more since only the face is the main attraction.
Part of the hair being cropped off was why I said that. rocfreaks' suggestion of taking it vertical makes more sense than what I said. :embrass:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom