Portrait shots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfgang

Apr 29, 2002
Riddle Realms
wolfgang.clubsnap.org
With Sunday (Grad Photoshoot) coming up, i have been browsing around online on tips on Portrait shooting in a bid to learn more on how to take "good" portrait shoots and such.

Was looking around Photonet and stumbled across this thread as well as this article

Clubsnap itself also has this excellent write-up write up by Alex Lee.

Interesting read for me (as someone who is just starting out) so it's something i would like to share...

Meanwhile, if anyone here has any tips to share on Portrait shooting, please do share them.

It'll be much appreciated.

(Tips along the lines of how to get the model to relax, poses, position, composition etc etc)

Cheers! :D

yup ... you are diligient in learning about portraits.

hey Ben, though I am not an expert in this field, but just like to share with u some experience.

I personally feel that in portrait shot, the lighting is one of the key essential. Well, Sunlight provide a good ambience, however, at times u need to fill-in. Well, not very sure of how well the S602Z works with the SB24 flash you have. But from my experience in using the SB26 with my S602Z, I find that it did not work so well with it. Well, cvould be the fact that the TTL mode is not fully compatible as the camera can't use the 3D matrix flash function of the smart Nikon flash.

In any cases, if possible, bring a reflector. In your case, maybe you can use a card-board and wrap it with aluminium foil and create a DIY reflector. Reflector are great assets in portraits in that it help to light up ur subject without use of flash and resolve the prob of light not casting on ur subject.

Well ...... maybe a diffuser or warm filter can be handy.

Well, that's all from a novice shooter ..... enjoy your SHOOT bro :p

Originally posted by ziyter
hey Ben, though I am not an expert in this field, but just like to But from my experience in using the SB26 with my S602Z, I find that it did not work so well with it. Well, cvould be the fact that the TTL mode is not fully compatible as the camera can't use the 3D matrix flash function of the smart Nikon flash.

The TTL mode won't be useful at all!?!? You need to use the auto (or manual mode) mode.

Mpenza ,

Agree with you on that. That's why at this moment I personally think that S602z, even though i haf 1, is not the best for portrait. I would prefer to use my F90X for quality portraits or flash photography. At least all the enhanced function of the flash can be fully utilised :p But I can say that I haf not fully explore the whole functionability of this camera. However, even though it is not perfect, it is still a good cam.

applies to strangers you meet as well as frens u intend to take photos of.

basically make them comfortable...

:D
argent2

Status
Not open for further replies.