Portrait of an Asian Ball-Jointed Doll~~~

Status
Not open for further replies.

verityshu

Sep 2, 2007
Sengkang
A friend of mine (evildolly) posts photos of her BJDs so hope it'll be alright for me to post my own doll pics here too although mine isn't near as polished as her photos! Still learning my way around my Panasonic Lumix FZ8 :)

1703166534_344b755160_o.jpg

1702313129_df52a8308c_o.jpg

1702312465_a6f9542d0a_o.jpg

very nice! second one is good

you need to soften or diffuse your flash a little more for pic one and three, as the effect on the skin is not even enough

for pic three.. nice but.. can adjust the half face crop a little till its closer to a straight half? slightly slanted :p

i concur with psychobiologist's comments. no. 2 has the best lighting. need to diffuse ur flash on 1 n 3. overall, nice idea and relatively good composition, just need to work on ur lighting/flash techniques. try more.. experiment more... :)

psychobiologist, SolBadGuy>> Thanks for the comments! Will take note. Actually I didn't use flash at all, lol. My only source of light was an opened door as I took these photos in my living room during daytime. In the first pic, I turned my doll's face towards the door so I didn't compensate for the extra exposure :embrass:

And pai-sei about the slanted third pic :bsmilie: My hands shaky!

wah... Can TFCD your doll?

Good to see more BJDs.

I believe the lighting can be toned down. If you're using natural lighting, maybe you could get some shadow angles or soften the sunlight by taking it in the late afternoon.

That will greatly accentuate your doll's beauty. You might also want to experiment with giving more space to the background of your image, just for some extra variety. After all, it gives "breathing space"

There's a lot of LJ groups for BJDs as well. One good one is Fatalrevolution. :)

Youhong>> Wah, really?? :bigeyes: I don't mind! But I'm only free on Saturdays and these few coming Sats for me are booked. PM me bah? Maybe we can work something out~~~

LazerLordz>> Thanks for your suggestions! These photos were taken at around 12.30pm so the sunlight can be quite bright and harsh.

Actually I have an photo LJ comm for my own dolls as well, lol! Also on a few other BJD LJs. I've been photographing my dolls for quite awhile but it's always been relatively simple point and shoots with a Canon A530. Recently bought my Lumix FZ8 because I wanted to try and take my photos, doll and non-doll, to the next level ^^

Youhong>> Wah, really?? :bigeyes: I don't mind! But I'm only free on Saturdays and these few coming Sats for me are booked. PM me bah? Maybe we can work something out~~~

LazerLordz>> Thanks for your suggestions! These photos were taken at around 12.30pm so the sunlight can be quite bright and harsh.

Actually I have an photo LJ comm for my own dolls as well, lol! Also on a few other BJD LJs. I've been photographing my dolls for quite awhile but it's always been relatively simple point and shoots with a Canon A530. Recently bought my Lumix FZ8 because I wanted to try and take my photos, doll and non-doll, to the next level ^^

Well, keep on trying! :thumbsup: Do post here more if you have any doubts.

My sat also quite pack leh... :think:

wah i also wan to TFCD for ur dolls leh.. but next few sats gonna be quite busy as well.. lol..

Wah finally get to see your dollfie photos! :) She's lovely..! :lovegrin: I am no expert in doll portraiture but I think you're off to a good start! No. 2 is beautiful and my pick...I agree also with LazerLordz suggestion....shoot when the lighting is not so harsh i.e evenings or mornings, and perhaps against a more interesting background.

Look forward to seeing more shots from you!

p.s yes I am also interested in shooting BJD/BJD portraiture...wish someone could organize some kinda workshop or photoshoot for them! Would be interesting. ;)

more interesting bk grd? but but it might draw the attention away fm the doll and and not make it stand out as it did right?? how did u make the black bk grd ah?? very nice:) ps?

SolBadGuy>> Seems like our Saturdays clashes, lol!

suki.luna, Redsun>> Thank you!

Garion>> Heys! Thanks for the encouragement :) Background wise, I might try more varied backgrounds in the future but for me, I still prefer a plain background as I like to shoot doll portraits so I want their faces to be the main focus. But I do doll setups occasionally although I'm not very good at it! :bsmilie:

ozkid88>> You hit the proverbial nail on the head!! =D I like plain backgrounds the most as I want the doll's face to be the first thing that the viewer's eye focuses on. As for the black background, no PS, just a black piece of velvet cloth!

SolBadGuy>> Seems like our Saturdays clashes, lol!

hmmm.. maybe u can let me know of a Sat somewhere in Nov? then i can try to set it free for the TFCD.. ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.